Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Denon DM37DAB

• 03-09-2008 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭

HI,

Looking to get a new system, space is a little tight so I figure on getting a mini system for now and when I move somewhere else I can use it for kitchen spare etc and start getting some decent ger :)

thinking on getting a Denon DM37DAB which seems to get better reviews than the new onkyo (525 I think?) even although the onkyo seems to be worse than the previous 515 model..

looking for some general advice - will there be a big difference geting a 300-400 euro system compared to something cheaper (seems a silly q) but 300stg seems a bit much for a mini.. are they comparable to budget seperates in the same range?

also can anyone recommend sites that will deliver to ireland? (unfortunately I need to get something without getting the chance to listen :~ )I was looking at superfi.co.uk, but I need it delivered to my work address and they only deliver to cardholder..

so many qs floating around! thanks in advance,

km

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

I just got a b-stock Onkyo 515 from hyperfi.co.uk. Had a little trouble with them (the unit was broken), but they replaced it quickly and offered to pay for postage to return it to them.

Overall, I'm happy that I received a good system at a knockdown price (12 month guarantee).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 flp

Hi Km9911,

its been over 3 months since you posted. so, did you finally get it ?
    I wanna buy one also for myself, so if you could recommend any good uk shop that does ship to roi would be great.
    also, if you've got it... did it meet your expectations ? I heard so not too good reviews about headphone output quality...

cheers
    flp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Coincidentally im also thinking about getting one and found this post in the search.. Anybody got any opinions on it?

FYI

so far I found only one uk shop that ships to roi, and the price of the set seems also good. they charge for delivery extra 30pounds to ireland.

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/4306/

regards
    flp

flp wrote: »
    FYI

so far I found only one uk shop that ships to roi, and the price of the set seems also good. they charge for delivery extra 30pounds to ireland.

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/4306/

regards
    flp

Yea I found that one myself. I cant find it anywhere else really or any reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Richer Sounds in Belfast have it without the speakers for £175.

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=800&Results=true&keys=denon

It seems a bit strange that they dont have the matching speakers for sale. Some reviews I read mentioned that Tannoy F1 speakers which they have for £100 are a good match for the Denon.

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=601&Results=true&keys=tannoy.

Currys in Newry have the full system for £293.60. If you were thinking of going North would be best to phone beforehand to see it they still had it in stock.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi guys,

I would love to reply - but as this is a non-commercial forum I had best not! But you can always ask in our commercial Forum under 'biz',> 'Commercial Interaction' > ' Richer Sounds' Or of course you can email me at johnmc@richersounds.ie,

Thanks,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

For the kitchen, I bought the ONKYO 315DAB locally over a year ago in avoidance of mini systems and well seperates are for living rooms arent they?

Cost the guts of e300 back then but no regrets.

-DAB is fantastic but fewer and fewer stations broadcasting on it now

-Speakers very good for the price but I replaced the "bellwire" cable

-Clever IPOD dock is available as an accessory that can be controlled via the unit's remote control

-Useful "line-in" on the front for other MP3 players or streaming via Airport Express

-Looks great in aluminium

-Most important... Sounds very well for this price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

For anyone interested I e mailed John in Richer Sounds asking if he had the Denon speakers and this is part of the reply:

Yes we do have the Denon’s available ex-stock at £69.95 – however as you properly guessed you would be much better off buying either the excellent Tannoy Custom F1 at just £99.95 (£89.95 when purchased with the Denon system) or the really excellent Monitor Audio Bronze Reference 1’s at £149.95 (£99 when purchased with the Denon).

So that is £174.95 for the DM37 and choose your speakers. He says they are doing a special at the moment for Boards.ie members free delivery to anywhere in Ireland. I forgot to ask but you would probably have to order on the phone as the prices are higher on the web site.

I actually went to the shop in Belfast and got the DM37 and the Bronze speakers yesterday. I have only used it for the radio so far including the RTE DAB services from Clermont Cairn. Sounds great to me but I never had any other system before for comparison.

Yea he gave me the same email. I tempted to go ahead with it but ill probably stick with the original speakers as I doubt id notice a difference.

• Advertisement

hi guys,

I have also just ordered this micro system with oryginal speakers, waiting for delivery now. That whole story about speakers is based on very subjective opinions, lets see first what denon has to offer and we could go with some upgrades or not later in future.
    will give you few more words about the set once it arrives, can't wait !

regards
    flp

Did you order from Richer? If so how did you go about it (phone/online?) and what did they charge? Cool let us know when you get it and how long it takes! :)

I didn't follow this thread on time, so I ordered from superfi. £264.84 all together including delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ZENERGY

hi, there is quite a difference between the standard speakers and the F1 and BR1 options. i would highly recomend richer sounds and their package deal mentioned earlier with the BR1 is a no brainer :>)

I got it from Richer, they were grand to deal with, price was fair and delivery was quick, would recommend them.

I only went for the standard speakers, bit bassy but other than that they are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dave72

Hey everyone! Nice forum!

Looking at the Denon and it seems to be out of stock/low stock in all the usual (reasonably priced) places. Was hoping to pick it up, with speakers, for under £300stg. Any recommendations?

As I said in my above post, I would try Richer Sounds!

Advertisement