Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So confused

Options
  • 03-09-2008 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

I have to get the grant next year in order to be able to afford college at all. Im 23 living at home. My parents dont keep accounts my father is self employed my mother doesnt work. My father is not making much money business is unbelievably slow but I know if it comes to relying on his accounts I will never get it sorted correctly. Would I be better off moving out of my home? would I have to stay at the residence on my bill for the year? any help or advice would be much much appreciated :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

Anybody??? also would a mobile phone bill, bank statement work??

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭melbourne

To receive the mature student grant you must be living in a different address from your parents. You might be too late for this year but its worth asking them if you say you can produce bills from your 'new place', otherwise get your act together for next year and get your name on your aunties ESB and GAS bill and get your bank to send your mail there and you should be right. It may also be worth talking to your mature students adviser in college. The grant is worth a little over €3300 per year so see what you can do.

If you living in the Dublin City Council area the staff in the Civic Offices Grant Department have been very nice every time I have gone in so it might be worth going in person.

Theres no one that would let me change there esb bill, would it be ok if all my other post went? :( This has been wrecking my head its for next year that I want to go as in 09

also if i changed bill as in esb bill would it have to say oct for next year or would nov work to?

October is when they look for.

• Advertisement

could phone and bank statements work. I could rent a room in my aunts house and do that but will def not have esb or gas bill. I hate that I never get what I am definitely entitled to I make feck all a week :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭melbourne

Thats a different story if its for next year, you should contemplate getting a job, saving some money, then move out and get your own bills. The point of the Mature Student grant is that you are a Mature Student and are living independently. I did 3 years of college and a hdip working at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

bill has to be 1st of October or before. so you need someone to change it now for you so you can use it next year.

:(:(
    melbourne wrote: »
    Thats a different story if its for next year, you should contemplate getting a job, saving some money, then move out and get your own bills. The point of the Mature Student grant is that you are a Mature Student and are living independently. I did 3 years of college and a hdip working at night.

I am working as it is, I make €300 a week and have car loan to pay out of that, I would never be able to get to move out of my house and get a bill in my name in the next three weeks. I would only be able to change phone bill and bank statement to a different address. I fully intend in moving out of my house but wouldnt be possible for a few months.

Would I get it for my second year if I moved up to maynooth :confused::(

Advertisement