Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grinding + Unplayable = Return?

• 03-09-2008 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

This could be a noob thread, but here goes:

I've had an xbox since Christmas, and I've lost GTA IV, Halo and two different Maddens to its ****ing disc drive.

I know, I know, I should've stopped putting games into it and done something about it, but the first two were because of the console being moved during play, and the first Madden was an old one anyway. But I'm getting pissed off at this point.

What happens is, during normal play, with the box on its side and nothing moving near it, the game freezes and a horrible grinding sound comes out. Then it says "Disc unreadable" and when I open it, a ring has been ground around the disc.

Anyone else get this? Or is it just me? I've heard about "unreadable", but the circular scratch no-one I know has had.

I assume I return the console to Microsoft for a repair? New disc drive? This is free, right? Or would bringing it to the shop be quicker? And what about the games, is that 200 euro down the drain?

Stupid console with split personality disorder.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

I had this problem a while back, I had to send it to Microsoft for repair cause I lost my receipt. If you have yours bring it back to the shop, explain what's wrong and ask for a brand new console or your money back.

As for the games it may look like your trying to get more then your owned as you should of stopped using the console when you realised what was wrong, but there may be some come back I'm not sure on that one.

Advertisement