Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Potterton PrimaF

• 04-09-2008 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Im looking to replace a Potterton PrimaF boiler (60F) with a new gas boiler.
    PrimaF is causing problems and now 16years old.

I have about 12 radiators in 4bed-semi. Can anbody recommend a reliable boiler ?

Comments

Vissmann, Worcester bosch, Valliant, mack sure your system is cean and flush if needed, if you don't you will be lucky to see 5years, Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 19 brosmi

Can anybody pm me if they know of a good gas plumber in South Dublin area .

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

What about Ideal ? Any reason why you dont mention them ?

I'm replacing a Suprima 100 with 15 rads & wanted to understand whats the best high efficieny condensor boiler to go with

The three manufactures i have advised have very good reputations and they are boilers i would happily have in my own house, i wouldn't have an ideal boiler as i don't feel the build quality is the same, but they do cost more than the ideal. This is just my opinion and i base it on repairing boilers for the last 20 years, Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭copper12

You will most likely have to replace your boiler with an condensing boiler
    While there have some misinformation concerning these boilers; as to the amount of money you will save’ on your gas bill’ this will only happen if the boiler operates in condensing mode for most the time
    It would be better to undersize your boiler’ in order to maximise this saving
    It will mean’ that it will take a little longer to heat up your house from cold’ and that’s about the only difference’ that it will make’ to the comfort level; but will make a difference to your gas bill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 horsefly

Inlet to my PrimaF boiler leaked over a few days when no-one was in the house. Flooded the boiler :-( Anyone recomend a good plumber in Dublin 3?

Advertisement