Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FYffes Shares Vs Elan - Either Worth Buying?

• 04-09-2008 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Opinions?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Elan get a scare once a year that kills their price in the short term. I'd wait for the next panic and buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

But Fyffes are fyffes times better than your average stock.

Sorry

I'll go now

It was worth it

Gerbud wrote: »
    Opinions?!

Wait for the next crisis and buy.Some of the products that are in the devlopment stage for Elan could be serious earners in the future.Granted I know little about stocks etc but I know though my lecturers that they will certainly not go bankrupt anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Gerbud

Cheers for the tips guys!!

Keep them coming or any inside information ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Wait for the next crisis and buy.
    Down 60% in 2 months, how do you define crisis?
    Some of the products that are in the devlopment stage for Elan could be serious earners in the future.
    Really, which ones?
    Granted I know little about stocks etc
    Ahh...ok
    I know though my lecturers that they will certainly not go bankrupt anytime soon.
    What do you mean by certainly and by soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Spectrum48k

I wrote about my reasons for buying elan shares here:

I personally feel that if you are buying equities at the moment you are in for the long term. The quick cash would be in shorting the market. But its risky.

Advertisement