Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can somebody advise me with regard to this PC?

Options
  • 04-09-2008 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfullat.asp?productcode=ECE1466838#spec

I am looking for a machine to use fairly basically, hooked up to a tv mostly for media - movies/music and browsing. I spotted this on sale at elara(spec above) for €160:

HP - ML110 G5 Xeon 3065 (2330/1333-4MB) Dual Core, 1x1GB, Non Hot Plug SATA 250GB, DVD¦R/RW, 3 Year Next Business Day Warranty

I'm just wondering if I grab a basic sound/graphics card and have the rest (monitor and keyboard) will this just be like having a normal PC, or is there something I should be wary of given that it is set as a server?

I'm definitely looking at prices at the lower end of the spectrum, so if you have a better suggestion I'm very open!

Thanks for any responses at all,
    dlol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Probably be fine, could be a bit loud but I'm not sure as I dont own one.

As you said you will have to buy a graphics card and sound card, but you will also have to buy an operating system as none is supplied.

Advertisement