Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digiweb xpress - does it exist?

Options
  • 04-09-2008 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

When I go to check my bandwidth usage, there's a table, which lists all the plans for digiweb. The list contains "Metro Xpress" which has a bandwidth cap of 120Gb, which seems extremely sexy to me (yes, I need that much pr0n monthly). Now, the official site only lists Metro Xtra as the highest available plan, with a 50Gb cap at €60+, which is not really worth the money in comparison to my 30Gb Metro Home.

I saw, that the speeds have been upgraded in March, but I can't seem to find any recent information about the Xpress, which has double the bandwidth of the highest "official" plan... Does anyone know what's the story here?

A related question: what is the real situation if you do go above your cap - I know what it says in the FAQ (speed decrease), but how scary is that?

On another note... 30Gb cap at 6Mbit/s is... just above 11 full hours of usage at full speed. Monthly... Ridiculous. And that does not account for upload overhead and TCP overhead... And the rolling basis for bandwidth usage calculations makes it even worse...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

dymonaz wrote: »
    And that does not account for upload overhead and TCP overhead... And the rolling basis for bandwidth usage calculations makes it even worse...
    And prOn "Click to fart" spam popups haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Express was from an earlier package set (at least 2nd generation, if not later). Metro has an interesting history in their package "upgrades" (some lower caps for same money, some higher price for same service).

I don't like the rolling cap either, but the one good thing is that come the 29th of the month, you don't have a complete meltdown as half of your neighbourhood tries to download movies to use up their 'balance'!

Advertisement