Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends list

Options
  • 04-09-2008 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Why do the people in them always seem to be rotating? (Not a big issue, just curious).Would've thought they would be in alphabetical order but they aren't always. What's with that?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That list to the side is randomly chosen. Your actual friends list is alphabetically sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Friends list

Why do the people in them always seem to be rotating?
    You make their heads spin?! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Why do the people in them always seem to be rotating?
    Two possibilities:

1: it makes them dizzy and nauseous so it's a true test of friendship if they stay there.

2: It's a built in randomise feature of vBulletin and is probably not based on how friendly yore friends are.

hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

That list to the side is randomly chosen. Your actual friends list is alphabetically sorted.

Ah. It doesn't seem to change every refresh though, maybe every day? *goes to AC's profile and refreshes a few times to check*

Oh look at that it does change with each refresh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ah. It doesn't seem to change every refresh though, maybe every day? *goes to AC's profile and refreshes a few times to check*

Oh look at that it does change with each refresh.
    Ah, you see you only have 7 friends so you wouldn't notice the randomise thingey as much. Pfft, 7 friends. LOSER!!!!!!!!!111!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

thats harsh AC..
    I thought you were one of teh good guys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Nah, 'strue. I actually noticed it on a friends profile rather than my own.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It's randomized on a cron to the best of my knowledge, so it updates hourly or daily or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

My friends squad is so threadbare I can't afford a rotation policy. In fact if I get any more injuries, I'll have to forfeit my next match! :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The rotation reminds me of the little people, I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Why do the people in them always seem to be rotating? (Not a big issue, just curious).Would've thought they would be in alphabetical order but they aren't always. What's with that?
    HA HA No BFF for you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Ah, you see you only have 7 friends so you wouldn't notice the randomise thingey as much. Pfft, 7 friends. LOSER!!!!!!!!!111!!!

<3 the underdog :)

Advertisement