Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Two quick SGS Questions

Options
  • 04-09-2008 2:36am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there anywhere I could find the pass rates for various SGS centres? Are they available?
    If I get called with SGS and fail my test, do I apply again with the RSA (drivingtest.ie) or apply again with SGS (drivertesting.ie)?

Thanks!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I don't think the SGS pass rates are available, the RSA ones are at http://www.drivingtest.ie/.

You can apply to either the RSA or SGS, which ever one you prefer as far as I'm aware.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

You have to apply to the RSA and they will appoint you either one of the RSA Centres or an SFS centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

As said, you can not apply directly to a sgs test centre, you apply to a RSA centre and they may decide to refer you on to an SGS centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Holsten wrote: »
    I don't think the SGS pass rates are available, the RSA ones are at http://www.drivingtest.ie/.

You can apply to either the RSA or SGS, which ever one you prefer as far as I'm aware.

The pass rates appear to have increased by a few percentage points! I could have sworn Tallaght's was lower a couple of months ago.
    Also interesting to note that the waiting times have plummeted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

How come the SGS site, http://www.drivertesting.ie/ has an Online booking service now?

That wasn't there a few months ago...

I thought they allowed you to apply directly to SGS now?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

As said, you can not apply directly to a sgs test centre, you apply to a RSA centre and they may decide to refer you on to an SGS centre.
    Yeah, I know that's been asked a million times before, I was just clarifying if you could apply SGS once you've actually taken a test with SGS if you get me. :o There'd probably be more chance of being called with them once you have got them before though I'd say.
    Weird you can only get the RSA pass rates. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Never mind the pass rates in the various centres.
    There's more rumours connected with learning to drive than anything else...they'll pass you on a monday,they'll fail you on a monday,if you're a girl wear a short skirt,if you're a girl only wear it on a monday because the examiner will be hung over..all this stuff.
    If you memorise the road signs,the vehicle checks,hand signals and the various maneuvers (with good observation!!) you should be able to pass no matter where you take the test.

What?? Will they fail me because it's a Monday? Am I to wear a short skirt?! The tester will be hung over?! AAAaarrrgh!!
    True, pass rates have the effect of terrifying people (7%!!!) or making them overly complacent, it's just odd RSA have them available and SGS don't. Ah well, such are the mysteries of life.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Caderyn wrote: »
    There'd probably be more chance of being called with them once you have got them before though I'd say
    No as one must reapply via RSA. SGS don't take applications.

Caderyn wrote:
    Weird you can only get the RSA pass rates. :confused:
    SGS are only carrying out some work on behalf of the RSA. The RSA is still the main 'company' and they provide the overall statistics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 jodyanne

SGS are only carrying out some work on behalf of the RSA. The RSA is still the main 'company' and they provide the overall statistics.

Oh, that's interesting. So does that mean that the Finglas official pass rate, let's say, includes everyone who sat it in Finglas RSA, Ballymun SGS and North Park SGS?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭hippiechickie

This post has been deleted.

Maybe I'll wear just a cardigan and leave it as it is if it's a woman or else undo a few buttons if it's a fella! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭hippiechickie

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement