Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKS Race Blades

Options
  • 04-09-2008 7:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Does anyone know if these will fit any road bike? Having trouble trying to find a LBS that stocks them so I'm probably going to have to order from wiggle and take my chances if they'll fit.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

As far as I am aware they will fit any road bike. I think they are designed to work with short reach calipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

they (al)most certainly will. they don't go as far as the calipers, so they're not affected by the depth or clearance of the tyres/frames etc. you can shape them as needed to clear the wheels depending on the angles of your stays/forks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

They are designed to fit any road bike- they stop at the brakes, don't go under them.

However they do fit some bikes better than others- they fit my Focus Cayo and Giant Bowery very well but didn't fit so great on my Van Nicholas Amazon.

They work really well too.

Joe Dalys has them for €39.95 and they were in stock last time I was in (Tuesday.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

remember to get the right size - either 700 x 23 or 700 x 35. i chose the latter and have no problem with rubbing or tyre clearance. also available in black and grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Note the 700x23 ones will actually do tyres a fair bit bigger than 23, I have 700x26c on my Giant and they work fine on that. Anything bigger than 26 might be pushing it, but for up to 25-26c I would get the 23s rather than the 35s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I have 28s on my fixie and use the smaller race blades that I bought for my 700x25 bike.

It took a bit of messing about tightening and re-tightening the rubber straps but they work fine now and give (just) enough clearance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

blorg wrote: »
    They are designed to fit any road bike- they stop at the brakes, don't go under them.

However they do fit some bikes better than others- they fit my Focus Cayo and Giant Bowery very well but didn't fit so great on my Van Nicholas Amazon.

They work really well too.

Joe Dalys has them for €39.95 and they were in stock last time I was in (Tuesday.)

I've seen them stocked this week in Cycleways and Eurocycles on Sth William St. Can't remember at what price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

Thanks for the replys.
    I'll check out these shops and pick up a set.
    I've 700x23's on the bike so the smaller ones should fit.

Advertisement