Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour Complaint

Options
  • 04-09-2008 7:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi
    Just wanted anyones opinion on what to do here

I live in a small estate of approx 14 houses ....all the neighbours are keep to themselves kinda people ...except my nieghbours !!!!

There are people constantly coming and going to the house at all hours of the day and night ..dodgy looking people so we kinda had some suspicions of what was going on
    so the other day i look out my back window and see a guard walking along the wall in between our house .....they were doing a drug bust in the house
    One of the people got arrested but is out again and now (one week after arrest) the coming and going has started again so obviously back to square one again .......
    Two of these fec*ers have even called to my door in error looking for the neighbour ....which makes me panic ....i have a two year old son and am usually alone most evening in the house as partner works in evening

The house is one of those affordable council mortgage thingys..its the only one in the estate .. but im wondering can i do anything to make a complaint about them ..there are other neighbours who think the same as me !!

Has anyone had any experience in this problem and any advise....Im too scared to complain directly to them cos im a bit scared to be honest ....there is no divide in front between the houses and they guys are constantly sitting against my car ..throwing stones in my drive etc

we are only a young couple who have never complained about anything before !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Have a quiet chat with the local cops.

Have them talk to the housing department in the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Victor wrote: »
    Have a quiet chat with the local cops.

Have them talk to the housing department in the council.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 caz1301

I actually know a local cop so he said they are being watched !!

So is it better to get the cops to complain to local housing instead of me ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

move?

Wow that sounds so easy ...why didnt i think of that ....NOT
    Do i sound like someone who has enough money and stupidness to do that !!

So because of these people i have to up and leave my house that ive been in for not even two years and move away ...seriously .....
    Think of people' lives before giving quick answers !!

BUT Thanks anyway ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

caz1301 wrote: »
    Do i sound like someone who has enough money and stupidness to do that !!

So because of these people i have to up and leave my house that ive been in for not even two years and move away ...seriously .....
    Think of people' lives before giving quick answers !!

BUT Thanks anyway ;)

I think you need to take a chill pill. This is the internet. How was Pope to know it was your house, you could've easily been renting.
    We don't know your life, bar the neighbour issue.

As you said, you know a local garda, so they might have the answer you look for.

I dont need to take a chill pill .....
    Just every post ive ever read on this site seems to be answered with people looking for an argument
    Its just not fair ...some people just want honest answers and not an argument !!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP when you pose a question on a website you will get all kinds of answers.
    There is of no use to you to alienate other posters.

If you were renting then moving would be the easiest option, thanks Pope.
    If not then you just have to wait for the guards to move on the neighbours again.
    The third option is not valid here since you don't want to confront them. Unless you get together with the all other neighbours and everyone goes over there. Safety in numbers.

Hope it works out for you.

I dont need to take a chill pill .....
    Just every post ive ever read on this site seems to be answered with people looking for an argument
    Its just not fair ...some people just want honest answers and not an argument !!

Why start a thread lookin' for people's opinions/suggestions if "every post ive ever read on this site seems to be answered with people looking for an argument ".
    And I gave you an honest answer, ask your garda friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Calm down folks. The OP said ...
    The house is one of those affordable council mortgage thingys

... so it was obvious it was not rented. Maybe the frustration comes from the fact that people didn't read/understand this.

• Advertisement

serfboard wrote: »
    Calm down folks. The OP said ...

... so it was obvious it was not rented. Maybe the frustration comes from the fact that people didn't read/understand this.

I'm calm :)
    The original post tells me the dodgy neighbours live in the affordable council mortgage thingys, not the OP.

:)Ok

Some people are so content on arguing ,its not worth it
    Sorry if i didnt explain all issues relevent to the post !!!

and thanks for people who replied with genuine advise

Apologies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

serfboard wrote: »
    I though OP was refering to the neighbours house?

Buy a CC TV system from any good DIY store or even one of the fake ones.

Put up a sign about it in your front garden.

Aim it at your front door but make the angle wide enough that it covers the neighbours front door.

Positives of this:
    It will deter some buyers, and may even get the lads to move on.

Negatives:
    The neighbours may not be pleased and might get angry. I doubt they would use the courts to sort out any grievances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Burn them out. Fertiliser, diesel, match.

Relax, I don't mean it - I'm just playing internets...

'cptr

Ha ..can u imagine them all coming up to the door for their weekly supply and seeing a camera !!!!
    ha the shock on their faces wud be funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

You might even get enough footage to send in to You've been framed and then after (approx) 300 videos aired at £500 a pop your well on your way to getting a new house!! Mortgage free!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

DeadSkin wrote: »
    How was Pope to know it was your house, you could've easily been renting.

bingo.

Wow awesome early 90s 'not' fakeout... NOT! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

A very similiar thing happened to me. Council bought a house in a private estate and chucked a caravan of knackers into it. Led to a year of loads of other knackers coming and going, guards up and down every couple of days - including one brilliant/terrifying raid on the house to catch the knacker dad for some ****, wild, wild kids living on our driveway all hours of the day and night and an unbelievable communion day drunken fight with the polish living next door to them - that really was the highlight!!
    All you can do is call the council, repeatedly. Call whomever is registered as the Tenant Liason Office for your area - get this off the website. Write to them. Ask for their superiors' name, write & call them.
    Get onto your local counciller and ask them to do something. Get on to your neighbours and if they feel the same ( they probably will) and get them to do the same thing.
    We're lucky that we have a very good residents association and they knew what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

How long has this been going on?

If ya have the balls for it, approach some of the people going into the house and warn them, with the utmost concern, that this house is apparently under survelliance from the cops courtesy of the owner's recent arrest. Scare off the demand, and the supply will take care of itself ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Buy a CC TV system from any good DIY store or even one of the fake ones.

Put up a sign about it in your front garden.

Aim it at your front door but make the angle wide enough that it covers the neighbours front door.

Positives of this:
    It will deter some buyers, and may even get the lads to move on.

Negatives:
    The neighbours may not be pleased and might get angry. I doubt they would use the courts to sort out any grievances.

Yes, they will kneecap you after tearing down the cameras and trashing your house. I sympathize with your predicament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

professore wrote: »
    Yes, they will kneecap you after tearing down the cameras and trashing your house. I sympathize with your predicament.

OP how serious do you think these guys are? Are they just a bunch of stoners who couldn't be ar*sed working and draw the dole or do they look like they are organised and smart in their dealings.

Sounds like the first if they have a load of people calling up to the house and hanging around.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Buy a CC TV system from any good DIY store or even one of the fake ones........doubt they would use the courts to sort out any grievances.

A great idea but the OP has kids. I'd do it but I have nerves of steel and a tendency to jump to the moral high ground....defence of my civil rights blah, blah, blah;)
    mercuroman wrote: »
    ....and an unbelievable communion day drunken fight with the polish living next door to them - that really was the highlight!!

Wow do you even need TV?

Max

Advertisement