Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training w/ Fixie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

doozerie wrote: »
    I'm not sure that a fixie would allow you to work on building strength though, but you can use your geared bike for strength sessions anyway.
    Try cycling it up a 15% gradient :D Seriously though, the thing is brilliant, I have noticed a fantastic improvement in my pedal stroke since I got it (and indeed was complimented on it on the Sean Kelly!) It gets you comfortable with both ends of the spectrum, both powering up a hill in a tough gear and spinning down the other side at ridiculously high cadences (I have hit 179 RPM!) I'm certainly completely comfortable sustaining over 100 RPM now which I wasn't before I got the fixie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭cantalach

blorg wrote: »
    To be honest not sure a Giant is ever going to end up being cool

Yeah, that's true...although as I've said before, they could rectify that simply by changing the company name from 'Giant' to 'Giani' and including green, white and red into their logo...

Advertisement