Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest PC possible

Options
  • 04-09-2008 8:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Whats the cheapest pc you could possibly put together, but has to be capable of playing the latest games? I was looking on ankermans ebay store and they have some good deals (well as far as i know :o) what are these like: ATI_HD4850.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

i personally wouldnt. ive learnt in the past that if i buy a budget PC for gaming purposes, ill regret it and subsequentally spend more on it getting it into shape.

be wary that its actually a 1,7ghz chip. ebay computer people tend to false advertise.

also. computer off ebay? questionable at best.

Would you not consider a self build?

could get sumthin like this. and it would be very much capable of playing anything

cheapPC.jpg

still need to throw a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and OS at it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

yeh i was thinking about ebay being a bit dodgy, i wouldnt have a clue how to self build and would be worried about messing something up, what site is the one above from?

• Advertisement

http://www4.hardwareversand.de/home.jsp?lid=2

you can choose all the bits and bobs you want, and have them build it for you. theyre a german conmpany though. many here use them regardless.

an alternative is to customise one on komplett.ie

link - http://www.komplett.ie/k/cc.aspx?bn=10306

have a look around both. theyre fantastic sites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

How does the graphics card you listed stand up against say XFX Geforce 9600 or 9800?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

be wary that its actually a 1,7ghz chip. ebay computer people tend to false advertise.

also. computer off ebay? questionable at best.

Would you not consider a self build?

Nope its the old 3.4 ghz DUAL CORE.. not core2duo..

Be wary of Ebay if you know nothing about it or computers, you will get screwed..

If you do know, then the cheapest PC's (cheaper than hardwareversand etc) can be found but generally only through solid sellers like Ankermann-pc or Dell factory outlet and by bidding in the correct intelligent way or decent buy-it-nows.

Its the same with graphics cards, if you know nothing about them you will end up buying a 1 gig 8500GT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jonny72 wrote: »
    Nope its the old 3.4 ghz DUAL CORE.. not core2duo..

Yep, it's a pentium D. I'd stay well away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

That graphics card (the 4850) is a little tank capable of running UT 3 at around 86fps!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

I payed about 470 for a comp from Komplett, E2200 Nvidia 9600 and 2 gigs of ram I'm currently runing wow with the command to enchance the Gfx even more with a stedy 60-120 FPS, havent seen it go below 40FPS yet.

Advertisement