Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is Gashouse Lane?

Options
  • 04-09-2008 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Quick question- where is Gashouse Lane in Kilkenny? Was featured in a Sunday Paper at the weekend, new restaurant opening there, run by a former Chef from Chapter One in Dublin? Anyone hear anything about it? I'm a real foodie, this could be great for the city.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Quick question- where is Gashouse Lane in Kilkenny? Was featured in a Sunday Paper at the weekend, new restaurant opening there, run by a former Chef from Chapter One in Dublin? Anyone hear anything about it? I'm a real foodie, this could be great for the city.

isn't there at the roundabout by the train station? Theres a block of flats and if you walk down theres a centra and a post office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MisterCrown

I reckon you're talking about Campagne which has just opened. Had dinner there a few days ago and the food is simply sublime.

This link should tell you where it is ...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101980207051582023227.0004560e31d7cabf758f6&ll=52.656238,-7.247715&spn=0.011558,0.027466&z=15

Hope that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Oh I didn't know it had opened already! Can't wait to try it - full review please! :D

What were prices like, also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Purry Cat

Gashouse Lane is off John's Green, under the old railway bridge. If you're coming from town/John's Bridge direction, head up John Street, hang a left at the traffic lights and you're in John's Green. Campagne is just the far side of the bridge on your right, in around the corner on the left.
    Garrett Byrne, the chef/proprietor, is a native of the Castlecomer Road and is, as has been said already, formerly of the Michelin-starred Chapter One in Dublin.

Advertisement