Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most annoying singing voice...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

Heather Smalls from M People. My back crinkles up in disgust whenever I hear her froggy warblings.

Jaysus, I'm even getting angry thinking about it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭holton

Declan feckin Nerney. Woegus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Paul Brady
    Dolores O'Riordan
    Christy Hennessy (rip) Nice man an all but.
    Chrisie Hynde (pretenders)
    Cher

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Mika!! Hatefull fûcker of a voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'm surprised this one hasn't been mentioned yet...
    KELLY CLARKSON!

Seriously, she sounds like she's going to have a nervous f*cking breakdown in every song!
    So you got dumped, big deal, get over it, but don't put us through hell with your story!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Jeff Mangum from Neutral Milk Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Eddie Vedder can have quite a grating voice.

I reckon 1 in every million people shares you opinion!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Definitely second Matt Belamy (Muse). Hate that voice and the band in whole!

The guy from that New York band too...hang on I'll get back with a name in a minute...finally! The guy I was looking for is Alec Ounsworth from Clap your Hands Say Yeah

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I can't believe there's people out there who don't like Muse. Matt Bellamy is a god! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

Conor from the Thrills - and his crappy fake American accent, who is he kidding?

Duffy - she can sing but I hate her voice and rubbish simple songs

All rap artists - they all bug me and make me switch channels

Enya - it's impossible to understand a single lyric, and I don't care to - what's the point in having lyrics if you're going to mumble and drown yourself out in music, ugh! Annoying! And every tune sounds the same.

Beyonce/Mariah/Whitney/Celine/Christina/Leona etc. - warbling, ott singing - if it's the "R&B" standard style, I hate it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Brandon Flowers
    Amy Winehouse
    Eddie Vedder

I don't think the obvious nominees have been brought up; Joanna Newsom, your man from Clap Your Hands and CocoRosie. Though I like all their voices so... /shrug

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ooh, forgot James Hetfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Morrisey, Chris Cornell, Shakira, Fergie (Look how many notes I know!), James Blunt obviously....but Morrisey takes the biscuit, I cannot get past his voice, apart from that I actually quite like the smiths, but I have to switch stations/skip the track/leave the room/start talking really loudly whenever they come on, just coz of his warbling

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

You know if you listen really closely to Fergie Ferg you can actually hear the pro-tools or whatever used to correct her voice. That **** gets me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

Nolanger wrote: »
    Didn't an Australian soldier accidentally shoot himself dead listening to yer wan from The Cranberries?

Yes, unfortunately. The two soldiers were doing an impersonation of Dolores O'Riordan and it was an accident that happened when The Cranberries song, Dreams was playing on an mp3 player in the background. The boss of the company I am based with had a few friends in Australia who reported the story when it happened. The man's name was Jacob Kovco. Sad that happened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Kovco

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,316 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Morrisey takes the biscuit, I cannot get past his voice, apart from that I actually quite like the smiths, but I have to switch stations/skip the track/leave the room/start talking really loudly whenever they come on, just coz of his warbling

I thought I was the only one that thought that. The Smiths had some great songs, both lyrically and musically, but the whole thing was ruined by someone who sings even worse than I do, which is some achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

Dont know if it counts but all the 'chip-monky' voice overs in songs i.e 'If its ok with you'... etc

Shakira, shakira!
    Beyonce, Beyonce!
    Most crap on the radio..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Nightwish wrote: »
    My number 1 vote goes to the guy from Kings of Leon. Not being able to sing does not make him a great artist.

California Conor from the Thrills

Amy Whinehouse

All Brit pop voices a la Lily Allen, Kate Nash and the wagon from the Ting Tings

Here here.

My two cents...

The twat from snow patrol.

James Hetfield-ah from Metallica-ah. His voice winds me up-ah.

James Blunt. I bet he's a castrato, but his secret is well kept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Bob Dylan. His voice wrecks my head. I appreciate he's a good songwriter, and I like a lot of his songs.. but mainly when they're sung by other people. I just can't listen to him..

As mentioned already - Kate Nash, Shakira, and that guy from Snow Patrol also gets on my wick. They all get knocked off the radio when they come on. Thankfully though, as I listen to Phantom, the former two never do!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

Tom Delonge - Angels And Airwaves
    Back in the blink era his camp drawl kinda worked (nah nah nah nah nah nah!!)
    but with AVA, i really like the kind of epic electronic sounds they get, and the songs always seem to be going pretty well , until mister DeLonge makes his entrance!

whine whine whine !

(sorry if it was mentioned already i didnt check whole thread)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cath66

ronan keating...would his wife not tell him how ridiculous he sounds!

steven gateley... need i say more

mariah carey... so annoying

Christina aguilera... in fairness she can sing but is obviously a big fan of mariahhhhiahhhhiahhhh

Amy Winehouse is very talented she's just wrecking her voice with drugs like whitney

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

Im gona get stick for this but i cannot stand robert plant fron zepplin..He and the rest of the band are great musicians but i cant stand his voice

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

I do find Dolores "whats her name" from the Cranberries particularly annoying! I just cant listen to her at all.... and do I even need to mention "posh spices" attempt at singing... with her "electronic" voice and all? LOL!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭joulter

billy corgan
    shaun ryder
    cher
    ronan keating

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

joulter wrote: »
    billy corgan

Really? I think he has an awesome voice? He can shout & scream the mad rockier songs (Bullet With Butterfly Wings) and sing so softly when needed (1979 & Tonight,Tonite).... but I have to say alot of people do seem to find his voice annoying, maybe it just takes a while to get used to! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭thischarmingman

yer man from jj72. sounded like a rusty gate that fella

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

sparkzter wrote: »
    Really? I think he has an awesome voice? He can shout & scream the mad rockier songs (Bullet With Butterfly Wings) and sing so softly when needed (1979 & Tonight,Tonite).... but I have to say alot of people do seem to find his voice annoying, maybe it just takes a while to get used to! ;)

Billy Corgan is definitely an acquired taste, but his voice well worth getting used to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Twinksno1flan

irish_bob wrote: »
    amy has an amazing voice

Amy best one going, interesting to see this attempted hammering of some of the best pop/rock voices ever, jealousy is a great thing, enables people to type shoighte for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Twinksno1flan

IanCurtis wrote: »
    Morrissey and Neil Young?

Who else - Roy Orbison? Elvis? Pavarotti?

You don't know much about music sunshine

I didn't want to mention, just in case everything I ever believed in had suddenly become untrue.

I just have the one, yer man from Simply Dead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

bono
    Bob geldof
    Mariah
    The beatles, cant stand em
    Ozzy osbourne
    Shane magown(sp?) but good cos of that in some strange way

Advertisement