Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PROOF: THERE IS A GOD

Options
  • 04-09-2008 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

My boylesports account had €7 left in it Tuesday Evening, Went on to stick a fiver on a horse yesterday and there was over €200. Where did this come from, I dunno, but I went down and withdrew €150 yesterday evening and nothing was said :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Check your old bets. Might be something you forgot about it. Happened to me the year Armagh won the All Ireland. Had a tenner on McConville to score first goal and logged on to withdraw my €55 to find €580 in there. Had forgotten I'd backed Armagh at start of summer, think it was €25 @ 20/1. Lovely surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

nah i only opened it about 2 weeks ago. the only early bet i made was on new zealand to win the tri nations

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

check account statement and see where the additional came from? Is it the bonus they pay to new a/c's?

haha just checked it there, apparently someone did a football acuum with aloada teams ive neva heard of. Nobody else uses my laptop so dunno who did it, fair play to em. I just changed my password :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

who were the teams??

• Advertisement

how dya post pics on this?? they were indian or chineses, think a few of em were american

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Somebody obviously used your account for a bet.
    Be thankful it won :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Wonder did you leave yourself logged in on a public computer?

Happy days anyway

Ive never used it on anything other then my laptop, i keep that either locked in my room or in my car so I dunno. Jesus im not complaining like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I'd be aware of your bookies, seems they getting lost in their database (lost & found records etc...). Next time money can go out of your account the same way.

but I agree here that there's a god :) A week ago I was down by over 200euros at 6pm and had over a hundred profits 5minutes later. God love them horses and paddypower givin you SP price if the price you got was smaller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

That's really odd. Any idea who could have used it? They might be looking for their winnings :p Although in fairness, they have some cheek placing a bet without asking so they can go and ****e.

like i said i went down and took out cash, if boyles want to complain they can clearly see on my account that i ahem made a bet :D:D Ive no idea, all i know is it got me a tank of petrol and a night out so im happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Fair play ssmith6287!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pity the other party is not reading this, could get interesting :)

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

This is very strange if you ask me. I wouldn't take it so lightly. Sure you won but... WTF...

Would you be happy having a large amount in your account with this strange anomoly where someone accessed your account without you knowing? I wouldn't.

Alternative reason. You were drunk and don't remember...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'd probably query it with the bookies
    a - so they don't come back looking for the money in a few weeks
    b - who the hell has access to my account?
    c - you might find yourself down 200 quid the next time

i changed my password to a 12 digit pin, so cnt see any hacking going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    i changed my password to a 12 digit pin, so cnt see any hacking going on

So how do you think the bet was put on in the first place? The gambling fairies?

Advertisement