Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nohup

• 04-09-2008 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Quick question for you all....

I have 3 scripts in a directory that i regularly run with the command nohup. Everything runs fine. The problem is that they all write to nohup.out. It makes it very confusing trying to read the file.

Is it possible that I can configure it that script 1 writes to nohup.out1 , script2 writes to nohup.out2 etc? It would make things alot easier for me.

Thanks,
    Steve

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

nohup uses standard output. So just redirect each script to another file.

nohup script1 >> output1 &
    nohup script2 >> output2 &
    etc

[edit]changed commands - you'll want to append not overwrite so use >> not >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Thanks Macros42 that makes perfect sense!

Advertisement