Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM 2009 Cheapest online price

Options
  • 04-09-2008 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Might as well start the thread now :)

Only place ive found it so far is play.com

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/5822240/Football-Manager-2009/Product.html?cur=258 €41.99

Very steep price, from memory sendit have been the best in recent years normally releasing a few at €27 then the next lot for €36 (I think they did it last year)

Anyhow anyone who notices any prices slap it hear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Art Deco

When's it on sale? Think I got mine last year first day of release for 49.99 in game, although Smyths toystore usually do a fiver off discount

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Aint got nothing to add about the cheapest price but its out on the 14th of november http://www.videogamer.com/news/03-09-2008-9209.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Art Deco

Ahhh sh*t, November? Was release mid/late October last year :(

In time for Xmas I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Ah its crap i know i want it now as well as fifa 09 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Keith C wrote: »
    Might as well start the thread now :)

Only place ive found it so far is play.com

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/5822240/Football-Manager-2009/Product.html?cur=258 €41.99

Very steep price, from memory sendit have been the best in recent years normally releasing a few at €27 then the next lot for €36 (I think they did it last year)

Anyhow anyone who notices any prices slap it hear.
    Yeh, I remember those low prices last year. And im expecting something similar this year, so gonna keep an eye out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

I know i got FM2008 last year for €27 from BlahDVD - still no sign of it up as a "Coming Soon" on either Blah or Sendit.com yet however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

It's on Game http://www.game.co.uk/PC/Sport/Football/~r335467/Football-Manager-09/?s= for £29.99 with Free Delivery - which works out at 36.85Eur at todays rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Play was £29.99 as well, their ****e conversion rate to euro rips people off!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Just saw it for £23.89 on Sendit.com

Linky

So thats 30euro with free delivery.
    Anyone order off this last year? Did you have it for the release date? Or was it despatched on the release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

think mine came few days after dispatch date but saves €20+ so delay didnt bother me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Customize

GamesNash.ie has it for 41.99 with free delivery...or you can take out the express post for release day delivery, I got Pro Evo from them a day early,id reccomend them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

can ya pay with laser card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

f*cking hell... cdwow is €47. i got 08 off them for €30 last year. i boucht it a bit after it was released though, so maybe prices come down fairly rapid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Jimpsta

But it's got 3d matches :)

I am looking forward to this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Dont bother reserving it, i did it one year and people were playing it before i got mine, two weeks i was waiting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

CD WOW is 40.99 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭d6

any chance some shops would have on the shelf thursday?

Looking at their websote, play.com seem to have it in stock already (rather than in a pre-order state).

Hmmm, pay 30pounds for it now with play.com and have it for Sat morning? Or save myself a fiver and buy it with thehut.com but probably won't have it till next week?

Decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Got my laptop fixed yesterday and then completely cleared it so this gmae can run fast on it.

Better be worth it:D

d6 wrote: »
    any chance some shops would have on the shelf thursday?
    Have just read that regardless of the method of purchase (digital download, online retailer or bricks n mortar store) that everyone has to do a one-time online authentication of their installation.

So even if you get it today, you cannae play it till Friday when those authentication servers go online :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Yep the above is true, My ex gf works in gamestop and got it for me last night when it came in, went home all fired up got to the keycode and no go...god damn it said I!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

There's a patch due out tomorrow as well so probably better off waiting for that before launching your career :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Can be got for $49.99 on steam (minus tax), think it works out around €45 at the end of it all but you don't have to leave your home to get it which is a plus!

Anybody buy it on Steam? How big was the download? Tempted to buy it now to have for midnight haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Not sure of the size but considerig it comes on a dvd instead of a cd and the specs require about 3GB for the install its going to be pretty big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Daemonic wrote: »
    Not sure of the size but considerig it comes on a dvd instead of a cd and the specs require about 3GB for the install its going to be pretty big.

indeed. the demo alone with only a fraction of the database came to almost 1.5GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Cheapest I've seen is thehut.com ... €33.43

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

Its down to £25.73 on thehut.com now, which wroks out at €30 plus change and free delivery! Which is quiet good. But I dont have the patience so im going to buy it tomorrow becuse I want to play it now, NOW I tells ya NOW....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

£24.60 at Sendit.com (today only with 5% automatically taken off)

Advertisement