Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a standing order?

Options
  • 04-09-2008 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

I got fed up with trying to get rent out of tenants on time so gave them my details and asked them to setup a standing order. For the last 5 weeks, rent received each Wednesday without any problems. Yesterday however, rent did not come through for one of them - but it has come through this morning (thurs.).

Does this mean that he has not setup a Standing Order - but is transferring manually via online banking? My understanding is that a S.O. comes through on the same day each time that its been setup for without fail??
    Could it be that the S.O. was put through but my NIB online banking was the one that was not up to date?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

It's very possible he hasn't set up a standing order. Have a look at the last few payments in from him and see are they the same details as on this one you got today. If they aren't then the payment has very possibly come in via 24 hour banking as you say. Though on the other hand it may have been 24 hour banking all along and he forgot to put the payment through yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Thanks Lizzy. Will have a chat with him and get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 keepherlit

it could be the case that it is a standing order. if the bank called on the money and there was insufficient cleared funds they could call again the next day. there could also be a problem with the payment run that day on your own bank. or your tenant is telling you porkies and is doing a manual transfer!!!

Advertisement