Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magners League Winners?

• 04-09-2008 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

With the league starting tomorrow,who do people think will win it?Surely with the new playoff system,the stronger teams should be fancied.I personally think Leinster will retain it and would consider Ulster to be a good outside bet.I'm really looking forward to seeing Tommy Bowe with the Ospreys especially with Shane Williams on the other wing.Also looking forward to a winter of watching Doug Howlett in combination with Tipoki,Mafi and Earls

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

The playoffs start next year 2009/10 I think
    there is a thread already dedicated to predictions.;)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055367959

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mousey007

that thread is only for predicting how the irish provinces will do..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

mousey007 wrote: »
    and would consider Ulster to be a good outside bet.

I wouldn't bother if I were you. They are very much a team in transition with a mix of a few decent imports and some very inexperienced younger players. The squad isn't exactly bristling with talent in depth. A top 6 finish should be considered progress for them, along with winning 3 HEC games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Munster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I think Leinster will retain it this year. But I think this is going to be a massive year and the most competetive season for the ML yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

I think Munster might rock the apple cart this year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I think Munster and Leinster will do well in the HC and perhaps the Blues will win the ML after going out at the HC group stages.

Inq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It's going to be much tougher this year, with every team upping their squad quality, but it's very hard to look past Leinster or Munster, with potential dark horses like Edinburgh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Leinster having won the Magners League last year and perhaps with Cheika under some pressure to achieve in the Heineken Cup this year. If Leinster get past the groups stage of the Heineken cup I predict the winner will be Munster or Cardiff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

There's a part of me that would almost rather see Edinburgh win it than Munster. The comp doesn't really mean that much but it would be great for Scottish rugby if one of their sides had some success. Course, I still want Munster to beat Edinburgh tongiht though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement