Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I missed out on some of my subjects.

Options
  • 04-09-2008 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I'm a 1st year Arts student and I didn't get a few subjects I need as they are full. Is it possible for me to do them in Semester 2? If I can't do them at all I'm just going to drop the course.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Unless the course is labelled as being offered in semester one and semester two then it won't be offered again. This is why you register ASAP...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 GurlyGurl

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    Unless the course is labelled as being offered in semester one and semester two then it won't be offered again. This is why you register ASAP...

Yeah well I didn't realise it would be gone so quickly. I don't know if it's offered in both semesters. Where doesn it say this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Example: ECON10010 - Principles of Microeconomics(Level 1, Semester 1, 2, Credits 5)

See there the module descriptor says "Semester 1, 2". That means the module is offered in both semesters.

This is an example of a module offered in just a single semester:
    HIS10070 - Modern Europe(Level 1, Semester 2, Credits 5)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

GurlyGurl wrote: »
    Yeah well I didn't realise it would be gone so quickly. I don't know if it's offered in both semesters. Where doesn it say this?

Ask for a deferral for a year and get a job? One of my core courses is labelled full (is that even possible?) so I'm in a somewhat similar position. I'll just have to see if they can squeeze one more in. Perhaps go and talk to someone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

I'm not all that well up on UCD's new way of doing things, but are you saying that you can't get into a core module of the degree you're registered for because it's "full"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 testybits

I'm a 1st year Arts student and I didn't get a few subjects I need as they are full. Is it possible for me to do them in Semester 2? If I can't do them at all I'm just going to drop the course.

Keep checking this page: http://www.ucd.ie/registry/sysdem/moduleplaces/

They seem to update it daily. It would appear that German and History increased their capacity today. Seems to be an issue with capacity this year for some reason. Be ready to register at 3pm when they go live. Go to the assisted labs or student desk if you need help.

Its really sh!t that people cant get what they want for their degree :(

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

If you have selected a subject stream I don't think it's possible for you to not get the core modules in that subject and those are the ones you need. If that's happened something has obviously gone very wrong.

Either way I recommend you go to BA Programme office in the Arts building and explain your problem to them. Ask for Paula, she's particularly helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭peachystarr

you should have registered on time like everybody else

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

you should have registered on time like everybody else

I don't know what's more surprising: that you thought that was an acceptable/useful comment to make or that you felt it was worth the effort of posting it to get one up on a stranger in an unfortunate position.

Either way: FAIL!

Advertisement