Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardwareversand

Options
  • 04-09-2008 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Right, just from the bank after filling out that form to hardwareversand, and being hit by the panicky cconfusion that maybe I didn't put down the right thing or something horrible like that...

Main question is...should I have put down Intended Purpose, or my actual order number in the message to remittee box?
    Quite confused about this, as never ordered from them before =/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

It don't matter, the payment is linked to your account through the Bic and Iban. I usually put my phone number for the delivery guy

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Ah, cool, that makes sense :p
    Anybody care to guess how long the express bank transfer thingy takes?
    All I want is some confirmation =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

ring your bank and ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

I sent an express transfer on Tuesday, my bank completed it on Wednesday and i think hardwareversand have it now as my account balance is still zero, but the order status was 'ready for packing/collection' earlier today and is now saying 'invoice was made'

This is my first purchase too, so i could be wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Invoice was made means they received the money, i've dealt with them a few times. First transaction I had with them took 3-4days for money to go thru, transactions after that were thru next day. I bank with Permanent TSB by the way.

• Advertisement

ffocused wrote: »
    I sent an express transfer on Tuesday, my bank completed it on Wednesday and i think hardwareversand have it now as my account balance is still zero, but the order status was 'ready for packing/collection' earlier today and is now saying 'invoice was made'

This is my first purchase too, so i could be wrong...
    Well good luck to us both then =P
    Just did the express transfer yesterday (but the bank wouldn't have sent it off till today, so will know by monday I guess!)
    Thanks for the help everyone =)

I got an email confirming despatch at 19.00 today, sent at 18.23. German efficiency at its finest!!!

I got an email confirming despatch at 19.00 today, sent at 18.23. German efficiency at its finest!!!
    Lucky you, I'm still waiting for confirmation of receipt of my monies!
    Shall ring the bank tomorrow, methinks =/

I paid about a tenner extra for a swift funds transfer. If you did not opt for the swift transfer it takes 7-10 days to process the payment. At least, that is what my bank (ulster bank) told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Scall4life

I recently bought of HWV. Paid on monday nite, funds were received by them on friday and stuff delivered following thursday so i think allow 5 days for payment at least. I paid through AIB internet banking.

• Advertisement

I paid about a tenner extra for a swift funds transfer. If you did not opt for the swift transfer it takes 7-10 days to process the payment. At least, that is what my bank (ulster bank) told me.
    Aye, Ulster bank here too, and even did that express thingy. Guessing thats the same thing as the swift funds thing!
    Ah well, will give them till friday and then go wonky on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Kazuma wrote: »
    Aye, Ulster bank here too, and even did that express thingy. Guessing thats the same thing as the swift funds thing!
    Ah well, will give them till friday and then go wonky on them.

How'd you get on? Any sign of your order being processed?

All good, quite like HWV now, actually, aside from being left in the dark for a short while, they're pretty fast with shipping...
    Although a note for anyone else;
    When DHL.DE receives your packages, they're given a tracking number. When the shipment changes hands to DHL.IE, it's given an entirely different number...so if you find that your code doesn't work on the DHL.ie website, don't panic, phone up DHL.ie and tell them your german number, and they'll give you the new ones!

Anyway...package just arrived at my home there today, but will have to wait till the weekend before I can inspect it myself :D

dhl.de has an english tab on the right of the page and you can track from there with the original trace code too. Glad you got your stuff Kazuma, the whole bank transfer thing is a bit daunting first time all right, but i would definately use hardwareversand again for a significant purchase.

dhl.de has an english tab on the right of the page and you can track from there with the original trace code too. Glad you got your stuff Kazuma, the whole bank transfer thing is a bit daunting first time all right, but i would definately use hardwareversand again for a significant purchase.
    Well I'll have to wait till I get home, though I'm informed the box the pc was in is a bit mangled, and something inside it (inside the PC, not the box) is rattling, so I'll have to reserve judgement...hopefully it'll all turn out alright though!

Advertisement