Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Cycle -Sunday September 14th 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Love the photo of a bike race on the page where they have in bold "This event is a leisurely cycle not a race." Closed roads, hmm, would be mighty tempting to cane it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

Quote from the site ...

Getting Ready for the Big Day
    If you're planning to come to The Dublin City Cycle, there are a couple of things you might like to do beforehand.

The first thing I'd suggest is that you work out some kind of regime to get you ready for the event. Spending five minutes each day posing in front of the mirror and pretending you've just won the Tour de France.

That's me all set so!

Ha, good to see they have a sense of humour. Invaluable training advice there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭cantalach

blorg wrote: »
    Closed roads, hmm, would be mighty tempting to cane it!

I was thinking the exact same thing. It would be fun to see how many laps you could do during the road closure...other than the tiny rise to the north end of Parnell Sq, it's pan flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

I did this a couple of years ago and it was good fun. I'll probably go along this year, but what I dislike about it now is that they've had to tuck it away at 9.30 on a Sunday morning: heavens forfend that a load of bicycles might clutter up the road when the poor cars want to use it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I did this a couple of years ago and it was good fun. I'll probably go along this year, but what I dislike about it now is that they've had to tuck it away at 9.30 on a Sunday morning: heavens forfend that a load of bicycles might clutter up the road when the poor cars want to use it...

The morning is the best time to cycle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

This looks like a bit of craic.

Cracking spelling mistake on their site. needs a bit of maintainainance and laughing at.

spellingssp1.th.jpg

;-) sorry to be a pain

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Eh...
    It is expected that it will take approximately one hour to complete the circuit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Man I'd love to cane that route. Surely there'll be motorcycle guards there to stop any messing though? I've said it before, but they should let us tear through the Port Tunnel some time, that'd be deadly.

Might do it. Might bring the camera...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Well, as long as the Gardai won't try and tackle anyone off their bikes I wouldn't mind trying to race around it.

• Advertisement

el tonto wrote: »
    Eh...
    You going for four laps then Tonto?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

blorg wrote: »
    You going for four laps then Tonto?

Yep, I intend to be the biggest d**k who shows up on the day. I'll be angrily shouting at family groups if they get in my way and ruin my chance of a 40kph average
    Raam wrote: »

That's exactly what I was thinking of.

el tonto wrote: »
    Yep, I intend to be the biggest d**k who shows up on the day. I'll be angrily shouting at family groups if they get in my way and ruin my chance of a 40kph average

Better get your skin suit for this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Raam wrote: »

'kin bike snob. He told me that interview was off the record. Now you all know my strategy :mad:

Advertisement