Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First offical pic of the new avensis - what ya think???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thats_life

Wonder what the front of it looks like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Looks fussy, hate the door handles. No doubt it will look better in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,964 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Decent for a taxi...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

in grey with missing hub caps and a diesel stain down the side from the fuel tank it mightnt look so good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

why didn't they just be done with it and badge it "SUL"

Sh1t Ugly Lexus

:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭brundle

Very poor busy design and it will date very quick. Hope they put some decent plastics inside this time at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭paulksnn

Anyone else think it looks very like the new mondeo?

paulksnn wrote: »
    Anyone else think it looks very like the new mondeo?

No, it's not that bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

From the CAR article:

Toyota knows its customers well and this Avensis will be perfect to many buyers wanting nothing more than comfortable, trouble-free transport from A to B.

That matches the dull styling perfectly, and it will no doubt sell by the shedload.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

Zube wrote: »
    From the CAR article:

Toyota knows its customers well and this Avensis will be perfect to many buyers wanting nothing more than comfortable, trouble-free transport from A to B.

That matches the dull styling perfectly, and it will no doubt sell by the shedload.

+1
    exactly, dull and boring. The irish markey will go mad for it. The reputation alone will sell that car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

cashmni1 wrote: »
    +1
    exactly, dull and boring. The irish markey will go mad for it. The reputation alone will sell that car.

Toyota and VW are selling on their former glory for reliability, nothing else, though that won't stop the Avensis for regaining its number 1 slot in the family car segment, as VW haven't been making reliable cars for over a decade and yet VW still sells by the bucketload. This will only increase when VW sells cars directly(just look at how much better BMW and Mazda sell now that they import directly to Ireland) and offers more eco friendly engines like the Bluemotion models here.

Modern Toyotas feel sh!t inside in them, the Corolla are Auris in particular are most guilty of this crime. They just don't feel as solid as Toyotas of old(the older ones have terrible interiors but at least they feel like they're built to last, the newer ones are still terrible but now they don't feel like they're built to last).

Indeed around 1 in every 5 new cars is a Volkswagen, or a Volkswagen Group product(i.e. Seat, Skoda or Audi).

I presume the new Avensis will be as uninvolving to drive as the current one, like all Toyotas are. I'm relieved to see that they're keeping the independent rear suspension though, I really thought they'd get rid of that as part of their massive cost cutting programme.

How much is the betting that Toyota will bring in paddy specials with a miniscule amount of equipment as standard, like they do with the Auris and Corolla?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

E92 wrote: »
    How much is the betting that Toyota will bring in paddy specials with a miniscule amount of equipment as standard, like they do with the Auris and Corolla?

I don't think it requires a bet, it's more than likely going to happen. And when it does, i'll be there to laugh it off lol.

I actually don't think it looks very bad, it's the poor mans IS.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The more I look at those "Fisher Price" type door handles the more they look wrong.

Will reserve final judgement until I see it in the flesh though.

I think we should organise a "Motors meet to see the new Avensis" since there's been so much discussion on it.:P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

E92 wrote: »

Isn't the spec of every car much lower in the Irish market because of the higher price of the car after VRT?

As for anyone complaining of how dull and boring it is, it's a cheap family car. You have to spend 40k+ before you start getting truly nice cars. Toyota does what it does best, reliable, practical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

more pics

avensisfrontwxa3.jpg

avensisinterieurwki2.jpg

avensisbreakwwu5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

Ice_Box wrote: »
    more pics

avensisfrontwxa3.jpg

avensisinterieurwki2.jpg

avensisbreakwwu5.jpg

Not that nice at all, front doesnt look good at all to me.

Oh no, that's not really the front is it? Oh god, the back looks alot nicer. Ah i hope they haven't ruined it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

i like it from the back & rear 3/4 view - looks lexus IS like - headlights are awful

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

That front profile gives it a "múinteoir crosta" look:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it looks like toyota were on one of those programs where they show you what your kids will look like when you grow up, and did it on a Yaris. :D

also 2nd the ugly Lexus IS too, esp. from the back.

but as you say, it'll sell by the shedload.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

As for anyone complaining of how dull and boring it is, it's a cheap family car. You have to spend 40k+ before you start getting truly nice cars.

People like me who hate Toyota family cars don't complain because they are more boring than a BMW, we complain because they are more boring than a Ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

People like me who hate Toyota family cars don't complain because they are more boring than a BMW, we complain because they are more boring than a Ford.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

That front is revolting IMO.No wonder they showed us the back first:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 keepherlit

looks half way between a corrolla and the new mazda 6. another rep mobile on the way!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Ugly, Estate looks a lot nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Don’t like the look of the old model or the new one. There is just something that puts me off ever buying one its either because everyone has one so it looks as cheap as chips or that its just plain ugly and not a eye turner:P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

More boring than a Ford? Jesus, certainly seem to be measuring in tiny amounts. Mondeos, Vectras, Avensisesesisis, etc are all piss boring. To say one is more boring than the next is as pedantic as it gets. They are all boring cars, practical cars tend to be.

Yet another lousy Toyota design, and look at that dated interior with a Mazda 6 wheel bolted on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

More boring than a Ford? Jesus, certainly seem to be measuring in tiny amounts. Mondeos, Vectras, Avensisesesisis, etc are all piss boring. To say one is more boring than the next is as pedantic as it gets. They are all boring cars, practical cars tend to be.

You should include the BMW 3 and 5 series and Mercedes C and E classes into that if you measure things in that regard.

Advertisement