Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a cure for Sarcoids

Options
  • 04-09-2008 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of anyone that has the cure for sarcoids ???

I have a young mare with a large sarcoid on her hind leg. I have had the vet out who gave me cream, but it just doesnt seem to be working. I have heard that there are some people with the "cure for sarcoids" but as of yet I cant seem to get in contact with anyone.

I would be delighted if anyone could help me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Sarcoids are notoriously hard to remove and they can spread. We used to use some sort of weak acid to remove them. I have also heard of people using some medication that humans use to remove warts. Again consult a vet to make sure. If it's a competition horse make sure there are no banned substances in it :pac:Similar idea, as in it is a weak corrosive chemical which kills the wart at the base.

Best of luck. One suggestion. If you do apply something to her back leg try and make sure she doesn't rub her muzzle against it. Perhaps apply a bandage of some sort but make sure you check the implications of doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

Depending on the size of the sacroid, the vet or any creamery store should be able to give you small elastic bands - the same type of ones that are used on lambs to remove the tail. The elastic band is very effective in causing the sacroid to fall of eventually, with minimal discomfort to the horse. I would recommend it as i've tried and tested it myself successfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napoles

John Hyde in Cork removed a big one from a horse for us a number of years ago. He used some really expensive, very serious cream stuff on it, but it worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

napoles wrote: »
    John Hyde in Cork removed a big one from a horse for us a number of years ago. He used some really expensive, very serious cream stuff on it, but it worked!
    Liverpool Cream?

Advertisement