Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finn Harps vs Uuniversity College Dublin - Match preview

• 04-09-2008 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

A big match for Finn Harps and UCD, the action kicks off this Friday night at 7.45pm at Finn Park Ballybofey.

Finn Harps are 4th from bottom and UCD are 3rd from bottom. Finn Harps are 1 point clear of UCD and the bottom 3 will be relegated at the end of theseason.

This is a match not to miss for any Finn Harps or UCD fans, a must win game.

The corresponding fixture this season ended 1-0 to Harps although UCD dominated for large parts of the game and did everything but score.

The Harps centre back pairing does not look good, especially Malcolm who is very slow and UCD have very fast attackers.

It should be a great game, both teams will attack and goals should be expected.

With UCD having good fast forwards and Harps having a slow dodgy defence I really fancy UCD here. Conor Gethins, Harps best attacking player is missing with an injury.

The last 3 head to heads at Finn park between these sides are as follows:
    Finn Harps 1 UCD 0
    Finn Harps 1 UCD 2
    Finn Harps 1 UCD 0
    Source: http://www.statto.com/football/teams/finn-harps/head-to-head

No previews available online yet though :mad:

My guess is 1-1 or 1-2 to UCD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Fair play on the detail you've put into these threads. I always liked Malcolm when he played with us in the First Division last year. Has the step up left him behind that bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

C'mon the Harps! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

DSB wrote: »
    Fair play on the detail you've put into these threads. I always liked Malcolm when he played with us in the First Division last year. Has the step up left him behind that bad?

Thanks, the kick off for this one is 8pm and not 7.45pm as stated above. Harps need all the support they can get tonight so Donegal folk should get down to support Paul Hegarty's boys in blue!

Its just my opinion but he is extremely slow. He cannot keep up to speed with fast forwards. Mukendi should in CB imo. Time will tell, it should be a decent match with 2 fairly even teams although Harps are down a very important player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Eirebear wrote: »
    C'mon the Harps! :D

Agreed, lets finally get UCD relegated. And let Rovers take all their good players.

Agreed, lets finally get UCD relegated. And let Rovers take all their good players.

UCD should amalgamate with Rovers or some other team imo. :)

They are always difficult to beat though and very difficult to relegate :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

As I want to see both teams go down, I would be hoping for a draw here. I think UCD will scrape it though, and they will do enough to stay up as well.

Betting Odds from Boylesports, the official league's betting partner:

Finn Harps 11/10

Draw 11/5

UCD 21/10

A draw no bet is 11/8 for UCD. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Just think....tomorrow night i will be hoping for the same team to win as ONYD....will the world end?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm biased as I go there but come on UCD! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

We are missing our best attacking player at the moment (Darren Meenan) and our most important defensive player (Brian King) through suspension.

King is very important protecting our defence. Without him a few gaps always appear in midfield that wouldn't usually be there. Harps play an attacking game so I think we will miss him.

We don't have a lot of options up front. Our two wingers, McWalter and Fitzgerald, are very poor. Fitz is very quick and Mukendi at LB for Harps is unbelievably slow but he wasn't able to take advantage of that in Belfield. He has no first touch and can not cross the ball so never has much of an input.

I'd say we will go 4-5-1/4-4-1-1 for this.

Gregg

Mahon McNally McMillan Kenna

Fitz Duggan Finn McFaul McWalter

Purcell

Finn will probably play further up than that.

Purcell is quick enough but would only cause a threat that way if Harps play a high line in defence. He is a good finisher but can't see him getting the service. Don't think he would play well upfront on his own either.

Basically I can't see us scoring unless it's from a set piece or something or if we take the lead and Harps push on for an equaliser. We might do something if we play 4-4-2 but can't see it happening.
    Gareth37 wrote: »
    No previews available online yet though :mad:
    A few previews on page 2 of this thread.
    http://www.irishfootienetwork.com/viewtopic.php?t=11320&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
    If we are relegated I can't see us being in the Premier Division again, or at least for quite a while.

I'd expect Conor Kenna to go to Rovers next season regardless of our status. He agreed to sign for you but Scully chose Maguire instead.
    I'm biased as I go there but come on UCD! :cool:
    Do you go to any games? Sligo game on the 19th is free in for UCD students.
    http://www.ucdsoccer.com/pdfs/sligomatchpromotion.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Do you go to any games? Sligo game on the 19th is free in for UCD students.
    http://www.ucdsoccer.com/pdfs/sligomatchpromotion.pdf

I've gone the odd time. I'll look into going to the Sligo game as I've been meaning to get involved in more college stuff.

Advertisement