Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trying to source South American beers

• 04-09-2008 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭

Basically, does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin or online that sells South American beer?

Withdrawl symptoms suck. :pac:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Redmond's of Ranelagh would be the first place I'd look, but I don't remember seeing anything there from further south than Mexico.

Edit: Though you'll find Brahma in the supermarkets, and there might be other cheap Brazilian lagers around in offies, like Bravara.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I think Brahma is onsale in tescos maybe (I could be wrong, it mighn't even be brazilian but I think it is)

mayordenis wrote: »
    I think Brahma is onsale in tescos maybe (I could be wrong, it mighn't even be brazilian but I think it is)

It is brazilian.Tastes just like miller though. I'm sure all the supermarkets sell it in four packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

Poke about a bit and you'll also find Dos Equis (Argentina, last seen in Eurospar in Naas) and Cusqueña (Peru, last seen in Sainsbury's in Derry). Neither is worth going out of your way for, though, unless it's just beers from funny countries you want.

Dos Equis is Mexican. Redmond's sell it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

Brahma is on sale in Lidl from time to time, I think €5 for 4. Haven't seen it in around a month though.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

Dos Equis most certainly is Mexican. Now where in hell did I get the idea that it's Argentinian? I've never seen a beer from Argentina, OP, I'm sorry.

Ah, but there is one I got in McHugh's recently, a dark Brazilian beer called Xingu - quite pleasant.

pdebarra wrote: »
    I've never seen a beer from Argentina, OP, I'm sorry.
    I have, and if you drank any from the Quilmes range you'd be sorrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

BeerNut wrote: »
    I have, and if you drank any from the Quilmes range you'd be sorrier.

Quilmes is wonderful. :pac:

Actually found a raft of places that sell Brahma, but it's all brewed in England and tastes different. Not much point in drinking it. Ah well. :o

Advertisement