Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT Fees Prob

Options
  • 04-09-2008 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi so I used to go to Trinity but dropped out bout halfway into my 1st semester of 2nd year and re-applied to UCD. I paid my first years fees to UCD but just this summer got a bill from the Fees office for another 2,000E!!! They're claiming that I was in Trinity for longer than I actually was and that's why I owe them another 2K but surely this should have been billed together with my first yr fees?? I have no idea where I am going to get this money from! is there any advice as to what I can do?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

I would think that if you did a year and a half in trinity then you would have to pay for a year and a half in ucd.

They only ask for fees when they are due so they would only ask for your first year fees in first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Did you start a new course ie go back to first year. If so you have to pay them for all of first year and the first semester of 2nd year at least, theres a good chance its could be all of second year (depending on the exact circumstances).

As for money, if you cant get it off your parents get a loan and if thats not a viable option see about deffering the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ianthefox

Yeah, you'll have to pay for your first semester of second year since you did it already in Trinity, and they wouldn't have included that in your first year fees.

If you need to get a loan, Bank of Ireland do a Student Travel Loan (you don't have to travel!). You can borrow up to €2000, and if you pay it back within 9 months it's interest free. If you don't want to pay it back by the end of the 9 months you can also change it to a normal loan at the end of that period, and you only start paying interest from the last day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭June2008

Thanks for the help!

I went into the office and ive resigned myself to paying the fees but at least its only the first semester so its half a yr.
    Does anyone know if the EU fees listed on the website already include the registration fee? It says includes tutition and levies. If so then I can subtract last yrs registration fee off 2,000E which will help a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

June2008 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help!

I went into the office and ive resigned myself to paying the fees but at least its only the first semester so its half a yr.
    Does anyone know if the EU fees listed on the website already include the registration fee? It says includes tuition and levies. If so then I can subtract last yrs registration fee off 2,000E which will help a lot!
    Hey there,

It's weird cos I was also in Trinity for a year and a half and dropped out so I'll have to pay a year and a half fees in UCD! Well for the fees they do include the registration fee. For example this year I'm paying €1,025 for registration fee and then another €4000 or so as the actual tuition fee! So it will include the registration fee but usually you pay that first then fees later check in on your Student Registration page under fees. Also, you may be eligible for tax relief of 20% on the fees. You just type in your PPS number on the fees page of your registration which is sent off to the Revenues. If you need any more advice PM me.

By the way, what are you studying at UCD? I'm doing Arts - French, Spanish and Portuguese.

Good luck! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement