Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

we have prison, why not court?

Options
  • 04-09-2008 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

You lads have a prison forum, which is a very smart forum and great idea. Should you lads not have a court forum aswell where banee's may have thier case looked at just by mods and out of the way of non mod posting and general crap stirring?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Wouldn't that fall under the first suggestion offered by most in the case of a ban - PM the mod. There is also help desk which seems to deal with that kind of thing.

And then there is Feedback for the "fight da powa, anti-mod" rants...

🤪

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

stevoman wrote: »
    You lads have a prison forum, which is a very smart forum and great idea. Should you lads not have a court forum aswell where banee's may have thier case looked at just by mods and out of the way of non mod posting and general crap stirring?

Isn't that what happens in the Prison forum/Help Desk forum?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Wouldn't that fall under the first suggestion offered by most in the case of a ban - PM the mod. There is also help desk which seems to deal with that kind of thing.

And then there is Feedback for the "fight da powa, anti-mod" rants...

+1

It's very rare to see a Prison forum thread OP'ed by somebody who does not deserve to be in there.

A PM to the mod and the Help Desk are a good enough system imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Isn't that what happens in the Prison forum/Help Desk forum?

yes, but wouldnt court be a bit of fun! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If its the same thing than already happens, then whats the point of creating a third forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

That's what Feedback is for :) Plus, where's the fun without non-mod posting and general crap posting?!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Well since boards doesnt really have any laws behind it then no point in a court

damnyanks wrote: »
    Well since boards doesnt really have any laws behind it then no point in a court

every forum has a charter doesnt it......

Yup. It would be all fun and games until someone looses an eye account.

meh, doesnt matter anyways. just a suggestion for the feedback forum thats all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Boards.ie is not a democracy. Boards.ie is a privately run site with rules and regulations which are clearly laid out for all to see. Follow the rules and we'll get along.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Boards.ie is not a democracy. Boards.ie is a privately run site with rules and regulations which are clearly laid out for all to see. Follow the rules and we'll get along.

fanboy ;)

fanboy ;)

Nah it's just once you become mod you get weekly brainwashing sessions. They seem to have worked too!

Nah it's just once you become mod you get weekly brainwashing sessions. They seem to have worked too!
    good one! :p

Well done Private Kinetic.
    I'll recommend you for promotion, I think you're ready.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

A "court" type system has been suggested but I think the only people that would really care enough to be involved in such a thing are those with too much free time and masturbatory fantasies of their own e-grandeur.

So that'd be a no from me :)

CuLT wrote: »
    I think the only people that would really care enough to be involved in such a thing are those with too much free time and masturbatory fantasies of their own e-grandeur.

You pegged stevoman spot on there CuLT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

You should be a school teacher

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Here is a good example of how Prison works. Most members who end up there deserve to be there. Those that don't usually get heard by Beruthiel, Gorden and strangely enough, Pighead :)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055369885

Well done Private Kinetic.
    I'll recommend you for promotion, I think you're ready.

Super stuff no. 17.........er.......I mean Beruthiel.
    snyper wrote: »
    You should be a school teacher

No.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

It will be parole officers or a cyber-conjugal visits sub-forum of prison next.

Mark my words.

Maximilian wrote: »
    or a cyber-conjugal visits sub-forum of prison next.

I'd ask for a cap increase from your isp, mumsy is going to be a busy gal! :pac:

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'd ask for a cap increase from your isp, mumsy is going to be a busy gal! :pac:

Nah, there's no internet access underground. Besides, it would be zombie cyber-conjugal if she was involved. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Why can't people get it into theirs heads that Prison and The Banned are off the menu?! There are enough forums to be teh funneh on.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I just got a jury duty PM. I'll see that mantime hanged for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Only if Ber gets to be judge Judy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Judge Mathis ftw!

You pegged stevoman spot on there CuLT :D

hey, its not my fault if my e-ass is sore from prison and i want to broaden my horizons!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Its called The Help Desk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

do we have a Hell forum where one can be... say tortured and all that? :p we'd probably need to hire a Devil too then..

Advertisement