Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minimum ammount in bank account for traveling to AUS

Options
  • 04-09-2008 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just a quick question, I know as part of getting the visa for AUS that you have to have 5000 AUD in your account. Have many people here been asked to show proof of this on entry into the country?

The funds required for the J1 were 1000 EUR ( I had that ammount) but I was never checked on entering the country...

Thanks for your help;)
    Rgds
    CM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

As far as I know, you just have to prove it (through bank statements) when you are applying for the visa, not when you actually enter the county

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Cmol wrote: »
    As far as I know, you just have to prove it (through bank statements) when you are applying for the visa, not when you actually enter the county

Yes and no, there is no check online (unless there is a check-box), and if granted a WHV they don't check at airport either.

I have however, heard one person being asked for this, and this was due to a conviction he had, he was asked to send over documents to the embassy before he was granted a visa, one of which was a copy of his bank balance.

If you have been granted a WHV don't worry too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Thanks fro your help, i was thinking i might get stopped as i only have a 1 way ticket...

Advertisement