Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Old Books.

Options
  • 04-09-2008 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I found an old book in a carboot sale. It cost me 10p.
    The author is Robert Michael Ballantyne and the title is 'The Dog Crusoe' and it was published in 1860.
    This is a book of adventure for boys, but it had me enthralled and I am a man.
    Obviously, the dialogue is from a bygone age; as is the style of writing, but each page begged the next and I couldn't put it down.
    The best 10p I've ever spent.
    Chris.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

That reminds me of 30 odd years ago when I was a young teenager and I found a book in jumble sale with three full length stories of Biggles by W.E. Johns. It was a bargain at only 2p! Funny book for a girl to read but I had been put onto the stories by my dad who did work for some old lady. She was clearing out her house and gave him books that her sons read. One of them was Biggles and the Camel Squadron. Written in the 1930s and full of "jolly good show" and "beastly hun" etc etc.

Advertisement