Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

replace clutch on a 2000 Porsche Boxster

Options
  • 04-09-2008 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

on my Boxster the clutch is getting pretty hard i only noticed it when
    i was driving a new golf yesterday.
    the car is 8 years old and its the original clutch in it from 2000 (65k mileage)
    does anyone know how easy they are to replace or have to to disassemble the gear box
    someone told me they are like the old opels and can just drop out once you take off the housing
    any tips appriciated as been quoted 1.5k from dealership :eek:
    the acctual clutch itself is only 200 quid on ebay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

You wouldn't have to disassemble the gearbox for a clutch change. Its not exactly a small job though. They should be a few private mechanics in Dublin that are porsche heads and I say you could get the job done a lot cheaper from them.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Go to gtidirect.ie they will do it for you. Mate got his clutch on a boxter replaced by them. They got the parts from belguard so proper porsche kit, except labour rates a lot lot cheaper than porsche

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Go to gtidirect.ie they will do it for you. Mate got his clutch on a boxter replaced by them. They got the parts from belguard so proper porsche kit, except labour rates a lot lot cheaper than porsche

fwiw, my local #1 charges 40/hr, taking my 968 box out today. local #2 charges 35 - what are ye paying on the East coast?

Boxster job is not a small one, btw.........at any rate ! As for Belgard - complete shower of wasters. Condescending if it's not (near-) new, and never return calls or requests for parts.....thank God for the internet.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement