Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICAI Student Numbers

• 04-09-2008 3:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

Who's got theirs for this year??

I was talking to one of the guys I went to college with and he got the confirmation of his exemptions and a student number in the post from the ICAI but I haven;t got anything. We only today got notification off our firm that tomorrow's the deadline for enrolment and you need a student number to do it.... Which leaves me a bit messed up!!

If it doesn't come in the post tomorrow I guess the best option is to get in contact with the institute directly?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

I have received mine. I believe it was last week. However, it is all done through my firm. The ICAI sent the contract to them and my exemptions.

Have you signed an ICAI contract yet? If not, I would ring them asap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I have received mine. I believe it was last week. However, it is all done through my firm. The ICAI sent the contract to them and my exemptions.

Have you signed an ICAI contract yet? If not, I would ring them asap.

Everything was done thru my firm too.

I shipped off all the relevant ICAI stuff a month ago (exemption forms etc) and my actual training contract much before that.

One of the guys I was in college with, and will be in the same firm as, only got his yesterday, so if it's not here by tomorrow I'll HAVE to ring them.

Where are you gonna do your classes from anyway? I need a break from NCI having been there for the last 4 years so it's looking like RCSI for me (and it's like 3 minutes from where I'll be too!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

I shipped off all the relevant ICAI stuff a month ago (exemption forms etc) and my actual training contract much before that.

I was referring to the ICAI training contract. It is separate from the first contract you sign from the firm.

Anyway, maybe you'll get something tomorrow. Also, just because you don't have it doesn't mean your firm doesn't. When I went in to sign my ICAI contract at my firm, they said I would receive my student number in the post. I'm sure your firm already has the number. At least they should.

As to classes, well, I haven't a clue. This is my first year, so I'm going wherever it's convenient. I start work on Monday, so I'll find out more then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Doing my masters this year so I've another year to wait, most of my mates from class got all their exemptions/student numbers last week. One bloke got all his exemptions bar one for mgmt acc, he had 49.75 %, institute pretty much laughed at him and told him no hope for getting it bumped up. I could understand 1-2% and not getting bumped up but .25% just seems pretty mean:rolleyes:

Advertisement