Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Petrol/Diesel

Options
  • 04-09-2008 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hope that there is'nt already a thread devoted to this.

But just in case.

I though people could post the cheapest price of petrol/diesel in different petrol stations around the country.

Interested really in Cork.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This has already been done to death and there are several Web sites devoted to recording the highest and lowest prices nationwide.
    If the petrol station is local and viable for you to use than you most likely know about it already. Telling someone in Monaghan that it's 2 cent cheaper in Kerry is a bit pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Then why not post a link to these sites instead of being a [miju woz here]

The reason i suggested it was for others benefit also. Not just mine.

And i did state that there was a chance this was already done.

Again a pointer would suffice.

Your one of them.:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

http://www.pumps.ie/ is pretty decent (for my area anyway)

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

steps_3314 wrote: »
    Then why not post a link to these sites instead of being a [miju woz here]

The reason i suggested it was for others benefit also. Not just mine.

And i did state that there was a chance this was already done.

Again a pointer would suffice.

Your one of them.:P

My apologies but there are several and a Google on Cheapest Petrol Ireland gets them easy enough. My personal favourite is Pumps.ie.
    No offence intended so keep your shirt on!

• Advertisement

apologies accepted.

have being onto pumps.ie

yeah its good.

thanks again and sorry for being a bit over the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rebelsunited

steps_3314 wrote: »
    Hope that there is'nt already a thread devoted to this.

But just in case.

I though people could post the cheapest price of petrol/diesel in different petrol stations around the country.

Interested really in Cork.

www.Pumps.ie is excellent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

You should also look at using E85 fuel which is only 0.99 cent per liter even if your car is not a flex fuel car

I run my non flex fuel suziki swift 98 era with 50% E85 and 50% E5 fuel and so far no problems

next month i will try 75% E85

If no problems with E85 at 75% then the next month I will try 100% E85

I have a thread on the subject where they tell all about thousands of non flex fuel cars running on some or all E85 fuels some with no modifications needed and some with minor modifications

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055369646

Derry

Cheapest for E5 fuels in Dublin I saw on way to Naas
    It was like 120.9 or 1.21
    Mostly the station you see after you go out from clondakin about five miles out the road
    i was full mostly with 60% E85 and 40% E5 so didn't stop to buy
    I will remember to get my E5 there in future

Derry

Figure I am close to 100% E85 ratio and so far no issues

Worst case I am E75 ratio

As most fuels are not exactly correct generaly E5 is actualy E6 or E7 and E85 is probably E86 to E89 ratios I am fairly certain that the fuel ion the tank is at least E80

In a few weeks I will empty the tank with a long run and only put in E85 to confirm that E85 straight works pefectly

Only very minor issues is sometimes a minor small bit of uneven surging on accelerating hard in 1st or second gear (one time in twenty times more liklely after sitting a long time at the lights or in heavy traffic )

This problem could be sorted easily with a mechanic for ~200 euros of work

For me the simpler solution is to stay on E60% fuel ratios as that returns the best saving some ~10% compared to E5 fuels

keep you posted

Derry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Maxol garage in harolds cross selling unleaded for 119.9c a litre and diesel for 125.9c. Cheapest I have seen for both in a very long time

Maxol garage in harolds cross selling unleaded for 119.9c a litre and diesel for 125.9c. Cheapest I have seen for both in a very long time

Thanks defo Maxol harolds cross sounds the cheapest in Dublin for fuel per liter for E5 unleaded petrol

Monday I saw Topaz in Mulhurdard at 122.9 ( ~123) a liter for E5 unleaded

Pity I have to go to Sandyford or Sandy mount Maxol to fill half the tank with E85 fuel at 1.00 per liter
    Then I got drive to Harolds cross to fill the other half of the tank in another Maxol for unleaded E5 at ~120 a liter

Lucky normally I go through Harold cross once a week anyway

Derry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

stop the presses :D

Texaco on the merrion road (directly across from Elm Park) are selling unleaded for 118.9c. Diesel is 125.9c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Texaco neat Ballycoolin have also being selling it at 118.9 for a while now.

Advertisement