Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunglasses repair in Waterford?

• 04-09-2008 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44

I recently broke a lens on my sunglasses, they were an expensive pair but there is no warranty. I searched glasses repair and sunglasses repair in that little red book of services in Waterford, but found nothing. Anyone have any advice of where I could go to get them repaired?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

delighted. wrote: »
    I recently broke a lens on my sunglasses, they were an expensive pair but there is no warranty. I searched glasses repair and sunglasses repair in that little red book of services in Waterford, but found nothing. Anyone have any advice of where I could go to get them repaired?

Where were you in Waterford of late that you needed sunglasses???? :confused:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 delighted.

Haha, tbh they were a present from my Dad and I don't want him to see that they're broken! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Have you tried any on the opticians in town, they have lens made up for their frames that they stock so they might be able to send them off to be repaired... somewhere like
    specsavers....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I would have assumed an opticans would do it? Eyecatchers or Specsavers are both in the city center so try there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

robtri wrote: »
    Have you tried any on the opticians in town, they have lens made up for their frames that they stock so they might be able to send them off to be repaired... somewhere like
    specsavers....

it took specsavers 2 weeks to repair the frame of a normal pair of specs I got there. it had to be sent off "to their lab" apparently. Just a little heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

I'd go with eyecatchers or eyeworks (John Street) as they seem to stock some of the more expensive brands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sunnyse

I know that major mcGraths are the only ones in town to fix Raybans and they took 3 months to put a new arm on a pair for me:eek: Everything needs to be sent off to somewhere to be fixed these days I guess:rolleyes:

Advertisement