Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to Edinburgh

• 04-09-2008 3:52pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If anybody sees really cheap ones ala the ryanair ones let me know.
    Wanna be there thurs oct 30 - sunday nov 2nd.

Off to look I go...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

Two airlines run that route, Aer Lingus and Ryanair. Why not just look up their respective websites? You won't get them any cheaper than there. We aren't here to do all the work for you.

However, just a point on the dates you are looking at - book now rather than later. That is a Bank Holiday weekend in Ireland so it is a peak travel weekend - it is also the week that Irish schools are in half term - consequently flights won't be discounted. That's why when you look at the Ryanair website you will see that the week is specifically excluded from all offers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah ok cheers. I was looking at them not expecting you to do so, just in case anybody saw that ryanair were doing their euro flights thing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

Ah ok cheers. I was looking at them not expecting you to do so, just in case anybody saw that ryanair were doing their euro flights thing again.

No worries.

As I said though, it is half term that week so they won't do the cheap flights with any offer that includes that week. They always jack up the prices on bank holiday weekends, half terms and sporting weekends. If you were able to go a week before or a week after you would do it alot cheaper, but then again you often gotta go when you gotta go!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

We are discussing whether to go then or two weeks before actually. The week before our graduation or after. :)
    Will have a look it's not too bad atm, 60e return. Will check out two weeks before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

aer arann also flies there but from cork and galway, and they also do donegal glasgow. Best irish airline out there at the moment. a pleasure to fly with!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

aerarann can be hit and miss price wise but as it is on his dates it comes to 250 euros for the both of them. 150 of that is taxes unfortunately. I recently flew with them to inverness 2 adults and 2 children came to 150 euros which was a pretty good deal to be fair, so they can be very competitive sometimes.

Cheers, I think Ryabair might be best pricewise, think we will go the week before for 41e if we book now.

As hoped they did a deal. Over and back for a twenty note. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

prestwick a good option, rail link to Ed.Car hire can be v inexpensive from there and not a long drive

• Advertisement
Advertisement