Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sliding Doors

Options
  • 04-09-2008 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Anyone know where I'd start to look for sliding door for a wall that is 16ft long. I want them to all fold over to one side so when they're open it one big open space.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

You have a few options with this, you can go for the Vu-Fold doors which come in pre-defined sizes or get bespoke ones made up. I am going to use www.vikingwindows.ie on mine I have a 4050 mm opening.

Its worth forking out for a quality system that runs smoothly and doesn't blow a gale !

This crowd is up the north..... and does the vu-fold...

http://www.moffett-thallon.co.uk/

Vu-Fold 16ft circa 3970 sterling +VAT

http://www.doorways.co.uk/products/show/950

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NickTellis

I'm looking at an 8ft Vu-Fold but can't seem to find anyone who has one. The specs seems ok and they're certainly cheaper than many of the other sliding door companies... but does that cheapness come at a price?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lucy2008

jonny85 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I'd start to look for sliding door for a wall that is 16ft long. I want them to all fold over to one side so when they're open it one big open space.[/quote

There is a company in rathcoole dublin, who manufacture folding sliding doors in any colour or size you want, you can go to their factory and see the doors in their showroom. I have to say they are the best i have seen. if you pm me i will send you their details. i just ordered mine today. well pleased ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NickTellis

Can you please PM me the details Lucy?

Advertisement