Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Jobs could I apply for?

• 04-09-2008 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi,

I am currently doing acca exams, passed f1-f4 and doing more exams at christmas. Did accounting Tech course also I am working as an office / accounts administrator for 5 years. My duties include general office duties, accounts payable/receivable, payroll, liasing with accountant, VAT etc. I want to apply for another job but I was wondering do I apply for Trainee accountant, accounts assistant/ tech.I want to get out of the general reception, more into accounts and eventually become a qualified accountant but at the moment I cant afford a pay drop. currently on 28k a year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

Honestly, you may have to take a pay cut. Even the top firms only start you around 24K. You could try and apply for a part-qualified position, but they may want accounts experience other than just reception, but it doesn't hurt to send you CV. Other than that, to get qualified, you will have to take a trainee accountant position. That is the only way to know for sure that you will get credit for your hours.

Advertisement