Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nintendo DS for a 22 years old lad?

Options
  • 04-09-2008 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

Hey gang! I am kind of checking nintendo DS on play.com more often then should :D . And to be honest it has some cool games there. So tired of all those whana be hardcore hyped games. whant to play something that is actually fun.

FF series are prety cool on DS and that advanced wars looks prety cool. i loved Nectaris on Psone.

But i heared that DS is prety much for kids... Wount i look "fruty" with it in mine hands. And is there really some games that would hook up 22 years old male full time gamer :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

21yr old gamer here and happier with my DS than pretty much any other console for pure gaming enjoyment. the variation from simple turn on a play for 5 mins games to the FF series as you said is great and it's literally used every day. go for it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

As a side, play wont ship hardware to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

noodler wrote: »

HUH? why? :( i whanted to order razor mouse, some wow statues and DS and a few games, so what? I firget about it? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I man have been too general in my comments. For instance They wont send a ps3 (you can see if you view the product under the 'important note'. There is no such message for the DS and I havent checkd your mouse.

Maybe its a price thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

But i heared that DS is prety much for kids...

Stop listening to retards, would be my first piece of advice. The DS has a wide library of games. Yes it's got shovelware (hannah montanas pony adventure et al) but it has some fantastic games as well, plus it's compatable with the GBA which has even more awesome.

Off the top of my head:

Bangai-o spirits
    Advance Wars: Dual Strike
    The Phoneix Wright Series
    New Super Mario Bros.
    Harvest Moon DS (shut up, it's great)
    Hotel Dusk
    Kirby: Canvas Curse
    Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

And there are the games you'll either love or hate, like Mario kart DS, Pokemon and about 50 Final Fantasy games.

Oh and Chrono Trigger is on the way. Yes, that Chrono trigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Chrono Trigger is coming to DS?!?!?

YES!!!!

This game is reason alone to buy a DS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

HUH? why? :( i whanted to order razor mouse, some wow statues and DS and a few games, so what? I firget about it? :(

Its out Product Recycle Fund, Amazon.com won't deliver electronic or electrical items either

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Its out Product Recycle Fund, Amazon.com won't deliver electronic or electrical items either

so... can we atleast get dvds and games from there?

we cant get any mouses, keyboards, psps, ds, gadgets?

So where do irish poeple shop in internet then? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Whens that coming?

Square seem to have butchered the FF series on the DS, really bland dull games. At least Tactics A2 is a step up in quality.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

noodler wrote: »
    I man have been too general in my comments. For instance They wont send a ps3 (you can see if you view the product under the 'important note'. There is no such message for the DS and I havent checkd your mouse.

Maybe its a price thing.
    I think it is to do with the PRF.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Orizio wrote: »
    Whens that coming?

Square seem to have butchered the FF series on the DS, really bland dull games. At least Tactics A2 is a step up in quality.

November 25th for the yanks, 27th for the japanese and we're getting it sometime early in 2009. Or so say Sqeenix.

So November 25th then :)

Gawd bless the region free DS!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

get him a DS with a CycloDS ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Just in case you cant get a DS from play.com you can orderone from here www.videogamesplus.ca they delivery both hard and software. They are based in canada and they're delivery time are typically 10-14 days although I did recieve my PS3 Dual shock in about 6 days.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

noodler wrote:
    we cant get any mouses, keyboards, psps, ds, gadgets?

If an item is listed under their "Games" section then they may deliver it to Ireland. I received both a gaming keyboard and one of those Microsoft Wireless Gaming Receivers for Windows from play.com. Both are in the "PC Games" section.

Also you have to change the currency to Euro if you are ordering to a country outside the UK.

Advertisement