Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

List of Technicians?

• 04-09-2008 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere on Boards.ie where I can find a list of technicians? Or anywhere on the Net for that matter. I've tried Golden Pages and all they have in my area is a guy who I've asked before but who never showed.

I'm looking for somebody to install a quad lnb on my current dish and run a cable to my spare sky box so I can use it to watch FTA (already have active standard sky box in one room).

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

All in the supplier sticky thread

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

Thanks.

I had seen that list but unfortuanately no installers in my area listed.

Clum wrote: »
    Thanks.

I had seen that list but unfortuanately no installers in my area listed.

What area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Darth Maul

yeah that sticky is geared more towards the Suppliers more than the Installers and technicians.

Maybe a new sticky with Technicians and Installers would help all those who are looking for people in certain area's

something like
    Name
    Services offered,
    Phone number
    And areas covered

But surely installers work for shops etc, why not just add them to existing thread if they exist that is.

Darth Maul wrote: »
    yeah that sticky is geared more towards the Suppliers more than the Installers and technicians.

Maybe a new sticky with Technicians and Installers would help all those who are looking for people in certain area's

something like
    Name
    Services offered,
    Phone number
    And areas covered

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭qhe0i9zvfgdou8

I'm looking for somebody to install a quad lnb on my current dish and run a cable to my spare sky box so I can use it to watch FTA (already have active standard sky box in one room).

Thanks.

How much could I expect to pay for this job, supply and fit quad LNB and run about 12 yards of cable.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Is there anywhere on Boards.ie where I can find a list of technicians? Or anywhere on the Net for that matter. I've tried Golden Pages and all they have in my area is a guy who I've asked before but who never showed.

Thanks.

What part of Ireland are you living in

I'm in the midlands, Westmeath.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Tony wrote: »
    But surely installers work for shops etc, why not just add them to existing thread if they exist that is.
    I agree.

I could put people who only install into a seperate post on same thread (edit title) if needs be.

unfortunately, the list is only as good as the submissions I get.

I'm in the midlands, Westmeath.

There is 8 listed for your area

www.goldenpages.ie/category_Television+Aerials,+Dishes+&+Towers_County:Westmeath-1.html

• Advertisement

scaller wrote: »

8 listed in Westmeath but most of whom are in Athlone. I'm 30 odd miles away the other side of the county.

I've seen plenty of Satellite Installer vans driving around Mullingar but I never manage to get the full contact number off the side of the vans before they've driven past. So I know there are plenty in the area, I'm just trying to get a list so I can call one.

Thanks anyway.

8 listed in Westmeath but most of whom are in Athlone. I'm 30 odd miles away the other side of the county.

I've seen plenty of Satellite Installer vans driving around Mullingar but I never manage to get the full contact number off the side of the vans before they've driven past. So I know there are plenty in the area, I'm just trying to get a list so I can call one.

Thanks anyway.

Here is 3 companies based in mullingar

FAIRGREEN TV
    Category: Satellite-Aerial-Installation
    , Mullingar, County Westmeath, IRELAND.
    Phone: 044-40471

ASTRAL SATELLITE INSTALLATION
    38 Ardleigh Vale, Mullingar, Co Westmeath
    Tel: 086 307 3055 / 044 934 5055

Name: Finlay Communications (Irl) Ltd
    Address: Unit 3, Zone C, Clonmore Industrial Park, Mullingar, IE
    Phone: 0449343743

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Darth Maul

Tony wrote: »

Not necessarily, Alot of us are totally independent, For instance, I work solely for myself, I work mainly from my van through phone calls, I have no shop and don't need one for the type of work I do,
    I live and work in a costal area, so most of my work is Dish realignments and replacements, fixing installations that offical sky installers make, and FTA systems.

I'm sure I'm not alone here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭vsat

Me to, same location.

regards,:)

I still see no reason wht you cant just be added to the existing thread, I dont have a shop and I am on there

Darth Maul wrote: »
    Not necessarily, Alot of us are totally independent, For instance, I work solely for myself, I work mainly from my van through phone calls, I have no shop and don't need one for the type of work I do,
    I live and work in a costal area, so most of my work is Dish realignments and replacements, fixing installations that offical sky installers make, and FTA systems.

I'm sure I'm not alone here.

Advertisement