Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie mentioned in Campus Life pack!

Options
  • 04-09-2008 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

Everyone get their Campus Life pack today? Has the usual student handbook, CD-Rom and general medical, sport etc information...and a free pen!

However i was surprised to see this at the end of the letter:

If you have any questions between now and Induction, then you can use www.boards.ie Simply go to the DIT messageboard (click EDU on the bar at the top of the screen, and then click the DIT board) log on and you can chat to students who will be starting in DIT at the same time as you!...

Fair play mentioning boards, excellent idea!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

Or Perhaps a bit of laziness on Mr Gormelys part.
    If you have any questions between now and Induction, then you can all piss off cause i'm going on holidays so use www.boards.ie Simply go to the DIT messageboard and ask those feckers! Sure anyway i'm just the Campus Life Manager, what would I know...

Ah, going back to the old sod is going to be great.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

joeybloggs wrote: »

Well that was just an extract he did note at the end that the elected officers from DITSU will be keeping an eye on the site and will do their best to answer any questions.

Apart from the fact of whether he is passing the book or not (that's your own opinion), i think it's good exposure for the forum and indeed boards itself within the DIT community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭campuslife

joeybloggs wrote: »

Interesting viewpoint Joeybloggs :). I feel the urge to defend myself from the charge of laziness! Students are given contact details for Campus Life in the pack to contact us if they have any questions. But we generally find that if they have questions about the course, the college, the facilities etc, they prefer to get the answer (the real story) from other students - hence if we think it would be useful for the student to talk to other students we refer them to Boards.ie. For example
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055184140

Last year for the first time, we referred incoming first year students to Boards.ie, so they could get a chance to talk to other DIT students. Between mid-August and the end of October the number of posts to the DIT board increased by 320% over the previous year.

We look forward to your return to the old sod!

Regards, Brian G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

It's a good idea tbh. Pld.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    It's a good idea tbh. Pld.

Yes, gg.

It seems to have worked too with a huge increase of activity today, which is great because I get to wave around my modstick in anger more :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

campuslife wrote: »
    Interesting viewpoint Joeybloggs :). I feel the urge to defend myself from the charge of laziness!

Regards, Brian G

Jaysus, I regret what I said now.:confused:
    Sorry People, there is a misunderstanding here.While on Boards, 80% of my posts ,unless I'm sincerely answering a question, are just Sarcasm and flipancy.
    Didn't mean to grow into a little argument and I apologize for it doing so.
    The extra attention to boards is a great idea for both parties and lets face it, having all the wee freshers around "tha cnt wait 2 start dit cus its so xcitin" is quite infectious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭campuslife

Absolutely no offence taken! I think all the "old-timers" on boards (including Joeybloggs) are to be congratulated for building up a strong on-line community for DIT. Thanks and keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

Gazza22 wrote: »
    Everyone get their Campus Life pack today? Has the usual student handbook, CD-Rom and general medical, sport etc information...and a free pen!

However i was surprised to see this at the end of the letter:

Fair play mentioning boards, excellent idea!

I knew about boards before i got the pack but i just joined because of that letter!:pac:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wish we had more campus managers who took a fresh view on things and actually tried to help their wards rather then simply pushing party line! In fact a list of "useful links for freshers" might not be a bad idea, but at the very least you've given them this site which allows everyone to communicate (not just those with print budgets :) ). Fair dues!

DeV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement