Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bling

Options
  • 04-09-2008 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭

Got this in an email today, thought you motor lovers might find them more interesting.

Stainless steel Ford shelby:

shelbygr1ot8.jpg

shelbygr1bpq1.jpg

shelbygr1cmv6.jpg

shelbygr1dyd4.jpg

shelbygr1eqz2.jpg

shelbygr1fou1.jpg

shelbygr1gce6.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

you sure it's not chromed aluminium or something, Stainless steel would weigh it down a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

What a waste of money but OMG the size of those back tyres:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Can you imagine driving down Dame st in that?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I'd take a DeLorean DMC-12 any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

steve06 wrote: »
    you sure it's not chromed aluminium or something, Stainless steel would weigh it down a lot.

That's the first thing I thought too but the guy who sent it says its stainless. I'm not too pushed on following up on it, cars aren't really my thing, though I have to admit, tis certainly shiny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Presumably headin off to the Middle East somewhere??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

CoDy1 wrote: »
    Presumably headin off to the Middle East somewhere??

Dubai maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Dubai maybe?

Na it would be gold if thats where it was heading....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is there a dent in the drivers door or is it a reflection?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Max_Damage wrote: »
    I'd take a DeLorean DMC-12 any day.
    Are you crazy? Thats a cool motor, imagine the looks you'd get drivin around town!
    Don't thin its steel either...
    http://www.htlounge.net/articles/2954/1/Ford-Shelby-GR-1-Supercar-Concept-Is-Shiny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I think it's aluminium see here some more info there to. Didn't read the article but it's a concept car.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

steve06 wrote: »

just as an aside ...stainless steel (of the same thickness) weighs the exact same as non stainless ...without paint on top the car would actually be lighter

There is a big "but" though ..it is much harder to shape than normal steel, so the same tools couldn't be used to make the car body

Advertisement