Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hardcore servers

• 04-09-2008 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

I just bought cod4 there the other day because i fancied some new fps roughage in my diet.

Seems fun, if overtly lolroffle-oriented, but it seems that there are an absolute ton of hardcore servers.

Is this the mode most ppl play? Are clan matches played in hardcore mostly or at all?

Basically just wondering if im wasting my time adjusting to normal when everyone plays hardcore or vice versa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Despite what some people are going to say,

hardcore=easy mode

The damage output is so high that most of the guns can kill in 1 hit. It breeds campers as there is no constant radar.

But the casual players love it because it makes the game so much more balanced due to the fact that even the really bad players can afford to camp and spray like crazy and still do well.

Competitions and competitive play tend to leave it alone for the reasons above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Standard = waaaaaaaaaaaay too easy
    hardcore is harder, believe it or not.
    Where with standard i have time to react if someone starts to spray me, where in hardcore i don't.
    I used to play hardcore, don't play much of either now, but if i was to play, standard would be my choice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Play lan loads, only hardcore, it's what most people like. I prefer 'softcore' and you will see clans play that. Hardcore = see somebody, they die, always. That said I love hardcore too. Great fun at it tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Personally I stand in the corner with claymores primed.

HI!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Teg

Play whichever you enjoy! Both versions are fun. Standard tends to be more 'acradey' and Hardcore tends to be more 'realistic'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Much prefer hardcore mode especially with the last stand and Desert Eagle.
    Got shot in broadcast in a corridor and with last stand and my trusty DE bagged the next 6 guys that came into the corridor before I died :D One shot one kill for the DE.
    Think they were all following each other :confused:
    I find playing hardcore really improves my reaction time.
    I'm not a camper, much prefer to move around and take out the enemy.
    Was bitching the other night in a server and asked why did they bother camping? Answers back was more kills.
    To prove them wrong I used just the pistol and ran like crazy over the map..
    They got a bit pissed off after 42 kills and about 20 ahead of everyone else :D
    Way more fun and I really enjoyed the game then..where's the fun in standing like a gimp in a corner unless you're a sniper.

Advertisement