Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loyalists weapons

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

Camelot wrote: »
    No No No, I'm not saying its 'OK' for the Loyalist Paramilitaries to hold onto their weapons, but what I am saying is that there isnt the willpower in Stormont to deal with them because they are not a 'SERIOUS' threat to security, ie they do not tend to plant Bomb's in Pubs or Shopping Centres of recent years . . .
    & no threats of such like either! - they are all bark & no bite.

I dont think its the job of Stormont to tackle Unionist murders its the job of their old buddies the PSNI who 'do not have the stomach or willpower' to do the job as was evident over the last 30 years 'When the were planting Bomb's in Pubs or Shopping Centres.
    all we ever had was protection from the so called forces of law and order,in the occupied six county's for these psychopaths,
    and it is still taking place to this very day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

TOMASJ wrote: »
    all we ever had was protection from the so called forces of law and order, in the occupied six county's for these psychopaths, and it is still taking place to this very day

the occupied six county's :confused:

It would be strange if they were vacant.

the occupied six county's :confused:

It would be strange if they were vacant.
    OK then especially for you, the british occupied six counties.

Currently the majority of the population are British, so unless they disappear . . . ?

Currently the majority of the population are British, so unless they disappear . . . ?
    As I said the british occupied six counties of 32 Irish counties, dont want to go over old ground, but Im sure you know why the brits only segregated six not seven, eight, or nine Ulster counties, (artificial brit majority)
    by the way you are getting away of the topic.

• Advertisement

I thought I was bang on the Topic in Post#31 but then you brought-in the rather provocative term 'Occupied six county's" in Post#32 and I queried it.

So getting back on Topic, - in an ideal world, I just wish that they (the Loyalist thugs) would dissappear tomorrow.

I thought I was bang on the Topic in Post#31 but then you brought-in the rather provocative term 'Occupied six county's" in Post#32 and I queried it.

So getting back on Topic, - in an ideal world, I just wish that they (the Loyalist thugs) would dissappear tomorrow.
    'Provocative' Its a fact, now in post 32 were you unable to read the rest of the reply to post31 concerning Unionist murderers, and there british helpers in the RUC ect

Dear oh dear, and now you are on about 'Unionist' murders ..................

I'm out of this thread - bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Zambia232 wrote: »

Drive down the falls and you will see most of the paramilitary murals are replaced by more peacefull rememberance ones. Drive down the Shankill/Newtownards roads you will still see the same masked gunman crap that always was. These murals mean nothing if the whole province knows they have not got a cap gun to their name.

Mural Example
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2206/2087665974_6ebb6e40be.jpg

That mural was in the herald am/metro this week as they've agreed with the local community to paint somnething more friendly over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

2087665974_6ebb6e40be.jpg

Looks like James Connolly was in the UDU connolly.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

That mural was in the herald am/metro this week as they've agreed with the local community to paint somnething more friendly over it.

Really they only re-painted it for the 12th a in June :D note the lovely blue it is ...

There are ton around that road hope they all get a face lift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I thought there was a loyalist party called the PUP linked to one of the loyalist organisations.

anyway the way i see it is there has been a general policy of appeasement towards the unionist/loyalists in the north.

im not a supporter of sinn fein or the PIRA but at least theyve made an effort. the DUP along with the loyalist groups have made few gestures towards the peace process and more often than not in recent years they have been the ones who have been making things difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Really they only re-painted it for the 12th a in June :D note the lovely blue it is ...

or maybe they could try getting the Union flag correct. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭SlabMurphy

Are they supposed to be two different entites or something ?? Considering Paisley, Robinson and co.'s flirting with loyalists down the years I'd seriously wonder what concept most of the posters so far have of the north ??

So what about Paisley's Ulster Resistance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulster_Resistance

or his Thrid Force http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Force_(Ireland)

or the Ulster Protestant Volunteers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulster_Protestant_Volunteers

Not that the DUP were the only ones invovled, but the so called moderates of the UUP who were also invovled with the Ulster Vanguard http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulster_Vanguard -

which included the great pacifist David Trimble as it's legal advisor ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭SlabMurphy

No No No, I'm not saying its 'OK' for the Loyalist Paramilitaries to hold onto their weapons, but what I am saying is that there isnt the willpower in Stormont to deal with them because they are not a 'SERIOUS' threat to security, ie they do not tend to plant Bomb's in Pubs or Shopping Centres of recent years . . .
    & no threats of such like either! - they are all bark & no bite.

Have you ever asked yourself why " there isnt the willpower in Stormont to deal with them " ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I don't think anyone is saying the groups didn't exist or that political leaders didn't have connections to them.

The question is, I suppose, what state are they in today. Those organisations you linked to are now, it appears defunct so play no part in the peace process.

I'd still like to see more commitment from the Loyalists to disarm, but I do have a sneaky feeling too many of them are criminals who now have different agendas.

Personally, I'd like to see a clamp down on guns on the entire island, the numbers appear to be getting out of control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'd still like to see more commitment from the Loyalists to disarm, but I do have a sneaky feeling too many of them are criminals who now have different agendas.

Thats true. they seem to have been killing each other more than attacking nationalists in recent years.

but the fact that they can turn their guns on each other so easily shows how dangerous they can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

It only showed the terrorist in the balaclava in the paper's photo so maybe it's just that one.
    slabmurphy wrote:
    Have you ever asked yourself why " there isnt the willpower in Stormont to deal with them " ??

He gave his reason in the part you quoted!

Advertisement