Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK Parking Fine

Options
  • 04-09-2008 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Was in England 2 months ago to buy a car and got a parking fine while I was there (had got a valid pay & display ticket but it had turned over when shutting the door)
    Today I receive a notice in the post to my address here in Ireland to pay the £50 fine.
    Can I ignore it or will they follow up on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 helpme07

ignore it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Nasty i would pay it as you might have some debt collection agency calling to your door. Unfortunate. You were hardly lucky enough to keep the pay and display ticket? Could you show that you had paid?

Im sure you'd of thought about this already

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I would say ignore it too but they know where you live and there could be some cooperation between Garda and UK. Or it might wait for you if you go over again and they get you with a camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

dispute it and tell then you were never in england.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

dispute it and tell then you were never in england.

I cant see it being THAT hard to prove if they really wanted too. I'd imagine theres a fairly handy paper trail documenting his trip.

Whether they bother or not is another issue altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Stekelly wrote: »
    I cant see it being THAT hard to prove if they really wanted too. I'd imagine theres a fairly handy paper trail documenting his trip.

Whether they bother or not is another issue altogether.

I'd be much more interested in finding out how a UK local authority got his details.

afaik: only UK police forces can request that information, so I think there's a clear breach of the regulations relating to Data Protection!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Bogger77 wrote: »
    I'd be much more interested in finding out how a UK local authority got his details.

afaik: only UK police forces can request that information, so I think there's a clear breach of the regulations relating to Data Protection!!

Was it a rental car?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

biko wrote: »
    I would say ignore it too but they know where you live and there could be some cooperation between Garda and UK. Or it might wait for you if you go over again and they get you with a camera.
    The car should be on Irish plates by now.

Probably from the V5 permanent section which would have been submitted to the DVLA by the seller.
    Was it a rental car?
    Read the OP again.....

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

esel wrote: »
    Probably from the V5 permanent section which would have been submitted to the DVLA by the seller.

My full V5 was given to the VRT office. The seller did not, and doesn't have to send anything to the DVLA.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

testicle wrote: »
    My full V5 was given to the VRT office. The seller did not, and doesn't have to send anything to the DVLA.
    Presume they have your name and address then? (which they promptly volunteered when the parking fine popped through their door).

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

testicle wrote: »

Yes he does. The last section should have ben sent to the dvla. It's the permnant export section.

He may well have removed it himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Ignore it..............experienced this in Nottingham a few years ago. Never heard anything since

• Registered Users Posts: 78,427 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The risk is when you go back the next time, that any issues become bigger issues because of this.

Parkings Fines are usually a police function in the UK.

And policing is a local authority function.

Advertisement