Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just back from SportsManGunCentre in Exeter.

Options
  • 04-09-2008 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

I had a quick drop into the Sports Man Gun Centre in Exeter in the UK yesterday. I had phoned ahead to check that the couple of items I wanted were in stock. Arrived at 9am only to be told that they open at 9.30am so sat around for the 30 minutes.
    Just stepped out of the car took 1 step and got a slap in the chest with a bird sh!t, nearly knocked me over. All down the front of my tee shirt, but I had a change in the car.

So into the shop to meet Brian who had my bits saved away.
    I bought a Cluson shootalite SL2 ;99 and a red flip up filter, son has the Lightforce 170 so I thought to give this a try. It is a complete kit with 7ah battery with case and shoulder strap, scope mount , handle, charger (mains and car) Review to follow. Only a 80mm lens and quotes 1000m range, we'll see about that.

Bargain of the day was the Cadwell BR compettion rest that I have been looking at since February last. I got the 1000m model for £104, they quoted £146.99 for the 600m model on their website.
    So getting the bird crap turned out to be lucky for me after all.

It's a big shop and has a lot of clothing along with all the shotguns, rifles and accessories you could ask for. But their website is a pain to use and they will charge you for out of stock items so phone first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Heya Clive, I have an SL2 myself. Not a bad little light at all but it's workable range won't really do justice to a .223. On my hornet it's even a bit on the weak side. If you're going to use it on the .22lr popping bunnies it will be as close to perfection as you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

meathstevie
    I got a Surefire Tactical Weaponlight for the 22lr from
    http://www.airarmsownersclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=126&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I think it was the last one. They say it's good too 100m but have to try it out as I'm only putting it on the CZ style now.

I may try getting a bigger bulb and dimmer for the Shootalite. It has a 50w lamp and I could get a 75w or 100w that will get more light from it and with a dimmer I can control the heat and brightness from it.
    Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭F1erc3

i have a lightforce 170, its defo 450yards range anyways, i shot foxes at about 450yards with the .17 center-fire and had no probs seeing him. Defo a really strong light and the red filter does work for getting them in real close. I tend to squeel em in shilage fields and get them in real close with the red filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Clive should have done the lotto while you were at it :D
    Good job it wasn't this fella that got ya!!

flyingpig.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

clivej wrote: »
    All down the front of my tee shirt, but I had a change in the car.

Does this happen a lot to you? :D

Nice buys. The only time I get excited when I go shopping is when I'm shopping for firearms or peripherals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Clive should have done the lotto while you were at it :D
    Good job it wasn't this fella that got ya!!

flyingpig.jpg

It could well have been that fella. Looks about the right size. :rolleyes: Didn't think to do the lotto.
    Son had a motor bike bought that needed to be collected and we had to catch the 6:30 ferry from Fishguard that was canceled, waited another 8 hours for the next one @2:30am. It was a long day.

Advertisement