Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jon Stewart on Palin and the media

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kotick

I hope McCain doesn't win. He's turned the election into a circus because of the VP he chose. People were concerned about Obama's experience, who the heck is this chick? She's from a tiny city in Alaska and has no noteworthy experience to run the country if McCain kicks the bucket or what have you. Boggles the mind!

I'm a born and raised Californian and wished that Hillary and Obama would join forces but that didn't happen. I don't even know if I'm going to vote this year. Hell, Bush didn't win the popular vote and he's still President, so what's even the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mad Finn

I see why they call you Mad Finn:p

You mean the anti-miscegenation laws

Which were the equivalent of the "Law for the Protection of German Blood and German Honour", one of the two laws collectively known as the Nuremberg Laws.

Anti Miscegenation laws, in place in the majority of US states during world war two and still in place in some states until 1967, specifically forbade marriage and sexual relations between whites and blacks, sometimes also Asians and native Americans.

The LFTPOGBAGH placed identical restrictions on relations between Aryan Germans and Jews.

The second Nuremberg Law disenfranchised and removed citizenship from non Aryans. Sort of like what happened to blacks in the southern US. Segregated, discouraged from registering to vote etc etc.

You may not like the comparison but you can't deny its validity. If you do, you're Mad. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

jank wrote: »
    See thats where you have it all wrong. If you ask most irish people are they liberal or conservative they will go.. wha?

Like fianna fail are the most popular party in ireland. But are they liberal? right wing? neither really!

I have some liberal views but i also have some very conservative views. Treating voters like they are either baby killing left wing loons or right wing jesus christ nuts is what is wrong with poilitics in the US. There should be more parties in the US but each party have both the centre and the extremes to look after thats then when it gets messy!

I dont think anywhere else in the world apart from the US would be labeled a liberal be a bad thing aswell. 5.7 billion people cant be wrong! ;)

Pennsylvania will be a blue state no matter what. If you want to be more productive then go to ohio! The jobless numbers wont help the GOP this week!

great post , i especially agree with you about irish people not defining themselves as either liberal or conservative , the thing is though , america is not ireland , americans have a much more black and white view of the world than we do , americans are a very idealogical people where as irish people are along with perhaps australians , the least idealogical people on the planet

Advertisement