Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Venga Bus is Coming . . . . .

Options
  • 04-09-2008 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Haha, I didnt know there was so much going on in UL, gigs wise, i thought it was all mindless drinking in town/lodge (which i'm sure theres still plenty of)

Venga Boys, Delorentos, The Coronas, Damo Dempsey, and comedy and all the rest of it!

Plus the arena is being opened up for gigs! :D Sounds like the making of a good year to be honest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

the venga boys should be humanely put down but other than that sounds pretty good cant wait to see damo

anyone know if the tottys have been put on sale yet or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Agreed the music of the Venga Boys is not something I'd usually desire - nor have ever done in the past - but with alcohol and stables thrown into the mix, it makes for a more interesting night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

The arena's being opened up for gigs? Explain please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

yeah i saw that, i read in the paper shayne ward's playing in the arena the october bank holiday weekend..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Ah even if you hate the venga boys you have to admit that the gig will be some craic! Honestly, cheese is fantastic!! :)

Tottis go on sale Monday morning from SU reception. €120 (or €125...can't remember exactly!!) each; only 125 tottis available so queue early!!

Damo in the Monnet...whoop whoop!!!!! I've been plugging the ents dudes for over a year to bring him back!!! <3 Damo!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Ah even if you hate the venga boys you have to admit that the gig will be some craic! Honestly, cheese is fantastic!! :)

Tottis go on sale Monday morning from SU reception. €120 (or €125...can't remember exactly!!) each; only 125 tottis available so queue early!!

Damo in the Monnet...whoop whoop!!!!! I've been plugging the ents dudes for over a year to bring him back!!! <3 Damo!! :D
    is that 125e for all the tickets or just the benga voys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

€12 for venga boys.

totti tickets get you entry into pretty much everything for the year...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Can someone tell me when the coronas are on and how much are the tickets, Heading up to U.L. for the week on sunday to sort out **** with me fees, wouldnt mind checking em out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

You know your all going to go like, I don't like the vengaboys but im sure it will be a good laugh anyway.

Have to admit though the blizzards the other night were savage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Seen the vengaboys when they played rag week in tralee, a bad night was had by all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

The first question in my exclusive-never-been-done-before-in-UL-this-is-a-bad-alternative-to-meeting-Bressie interview for the Venga Boys;

So guys, what's your favourite cheese? :)

Hehe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jkeire

Their poster is a little bit camp!
    just a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

jkeire wrote: »
    Their poster is a little bit camp!
    just a little.

I think "flying in on their big dildo" was how Keith introduced it to the freshers in the concert hall IIRC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jkeire

that'd be the one. They looked like a village people tribute band as well. Still, bet it'll be a good night!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

Anyone know when da tickets for the vengaboays go on sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

monday i'd imagine

anyone care to pick me up a totty and ill pay them back on wednesday? im not in limerick right now so cant buy one in the morning which sucks ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭brucer24!

does anyone know if tickets are still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

brucer24! wrote: »
    does anyone know if tickets are still available?

There were a good few left on Friday when I got....*cough*...when a FRIEND got theirs. My life would be over if I missed it I wouldn't be caught dead there, though.

* Dusts off cowboy outfit while singing "Boom, boom, boom, boom"*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭brucer24!

oh cool thanks for that my FRIEND too will be delighted if i could get her 1 ;)

i have a ticket to venga boys to sell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

PeakOutput wrote: »
    i have a ticket to venga boys to sell

Careful now. We don't want that person coming back and saying take it to adverts.ie. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

The Don wrote: »
    Careful now. We don't want that person coming back and saying take it to adverts.ie. :pac:
    Won't matter.

ticket sales are off limits thru.out boards with the exception of sporting tickets but even then it's hard to know.

As for a benja voys ticket...it's UL specific so no real problem as long as it's face value like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

kaimera wrote: »
    Won't matter.

ticket sales are off limits thru.out boards with the exception of sporting tickets but even then it's hard to know.

As for a benja voys ticket...it's UL specific so no real problem as long as it's face value like.

Some good ex-modding there ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

*cough* copycats!

Venga boys have already played in Limerick.
    We had them at our (Mary I) rag week last yr iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Haven't got a ticket yet, doubt im gonna get one at this stage, what a missed oppertunity... such a shame

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    *cough* copycats!

Venga boys have already played in Limerick.
    We had them at our (Mary I) rag week last yr iirc.

nothing to be proud of tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

1huge1 wrote: »
    Haven't got a ticket yet, doubt im gonna get one at this stage, what a missed opportunity... such a shame
    Fixed

There were about 700 left when I finished work at 1 on Friday. Don't worry, we can accommodate your €15 in the SU till:D:D

Now I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow night though!! Christ the queues goin'be Craaaaaazaay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

PeakOutput wrote: »
    nothing to be proud of tbh
    ..But they're such great live singers, course we're proud of it!:rolleyes:

Advertisement