Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Venga Bus is Coming . . . . .

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

So who's going. I know I am:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

I am. Some of my friends from home are coming up too.

€15 a ticket! Daylight Robbery!

I was also advised that if I wanted to truly enjoy it, be very, very drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

be very, very drunk.

Typical college night out then. Especially if the lodge is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

The Don wrote: »
    Typical college night out then. Especially if the lodge is involved.

which it will be

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Think I'll pay a visit down for a bit.

It's handy knowing the PA supplier for all the UL gigs, Can go down and hang around with him for abit.

I get to see what kinda penance he has to do for his sins, I reckon this is a new level...VengaBoys Uggh

Alan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

ok got my tickets yesterday... shame on me and the likes. but gonna head into trinity rooms after should be a good laugh (apparently a 90's night on there)

1huge1 wrote: »
    ok got my tickets yesterday... shame on me and the likes. but gonna head into trinity rooms after should be a good laugh (apparently a 90's night on there)

For shame the Lodge it should be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

So what did ye think? Besides the whole two hour delay, which happens I guess, I thought it was fun, if a little short. They were only on stage for barely an hour, if that.

The lip-synching was kinda funny. I don't believe they actually sang any song themselves. Has the fourth member left the band?! Plus, I'm pretty sure one or even two of the two guys weren't the original members of the band. It definitely wasn't worth €15, but I had a little fun all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

i thought it was really good, haven't seen an atmosphere like that in the stables since i've come to college it was brilliant.. they should have acts like that every couple of weeks..
    yea the two lads are new, they're not the originals,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Lads, how does one get tickets to this Monet place, Lisa Hannigan is playing soon and I would love to see her play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Mr. X wrote: »
    Lads, how does one get tickets to this Monet place, Lisa Hannigan is playing soon and I would love to see her play.

Try the university concert hall or the students union.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

That was hilarious last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

I could hear them from the Plassey office when the traffic fecked off :eek:

Mr. X wrote: »
    Student's Union Reception
    €12 with current student ID or €19 without

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

ninty9er wrote: »
    Student's Union Reception
    €12 with current student ID or €19 without

will the totti cover it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

well that was the biggest waste of €15 ever!
    might as well of just listened to the cd like

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Nice one Ninety9r cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Yeah, The whole 2hr delay kinda sucked, i can remember standing with the sound guys at 9ish and there was no sign of them anywhere, Oh and playing for 35mins was kinda short but i have to admit it was fun while it lasted...

As for putting on gigs every week or two - that'd cost a load to do, it's actually quite pricy to organise a decent gig*

*have learnt this working for the ISDA Festival which ul is hosting in april

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

I hadn't heard of Lisa hannigan before I saw her on the Late Late last Friday and on 2fm during the week, but she sounded class and I've got me ticket for Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

She did a lot of backing vocals for Damien Rice, The Blowers Daughter and my own fav Unplayed Piano are two that stick in my mind.

• Advertisement
Advertisement