Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

tax on a just bought car

Options
  • 04-09-2008 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Im buying a 2nd hand car tomorrow off a mate in navan. i know its spotless, perfect car. But i have to get it to drogheda garda station to tax it. If im stopped between navan and drogheda do i have a leg to stand on. D car will be insured and nct'd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

should be ok but depends on the guard and y have ya to go to a guard station to tax it ???

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm curious too, why are you going to a Garda station to tax a car?

If you are getting them to stamp the form stating the car was off the road without tax for a period of time then you shouldn't have to. You only need to worry about paying motor tax from the date the registration transfers over to you from the previous owner.

Advertisement